\_/ big China girl on a little frame

20190119_034645.jpg

What I'm aiming for are just lights so vehicles can notice me and it would be nice if they came on when the motor started with no switches or anything. I'll figure something out.
The white wire puts out 6v 3w AC so yeah you'll need to figure out a charging system and battery and un fortunately that white wires use takes spark strength away and really sucks most just cut it off and used a rechargable battery.

On the stock windings yes the blue and white are soldered to the same tab but in this one i just ordered for 9 bucks or seems the white and blue have there own windings like the old models. For 9 bucks even if it doesn't work for lights at least I'll have a spare for parts

Well looks like I'll have to use batteries for now but it's not all bad. I have various lipos laying around that will burn those lights for 3 days straight lol. I really just wanted a simple switchless maintenance free light system. I sent the seller a message, maybe he sent me the wrong one by mistake but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well looks like I'll have to use batteries for now but it's not all bad. I have various lipos laying around that will burn those lights for 3 days straight lol. I really just wanted a simple switchless maintenance free light system. I sent the seller a message, maybe he sent me the wrong one by mistake but I'm not getting my hopes up.
The secondary coil in these magneto's is garbage,weather it's 6 or 12v doesn't really matter because they share the same ground and so it effects the output/primary coil leaving spark strength weak.There is a sperate generator coil that attaches to the right hand side of rotor but this one also has an effect on the mag's coil not as bad but still noticable.

It would be cool if they made a 50cc version of the BT80 other than that the only real choice is one of the electric start mini chopper engines I have one.

Most new style magnetos no longer include the white wire. Like SR said, using it weakens spark. I just cut it off as close to the magneto as I can if I get a kit with one.

Back