A 10+hp pocket bike engine for $160!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've got a pocket bike motor i have taken off the pocket bike frame. its an off road pocket bike. been thrashed and still going because we used lots of oil in the mixture. had it since i was younger. dad would just put lots of oil in it. we always wondered why oil leaked out the exhaust LOL.

does anyone have photos of their mounts using a pocket bike motor on a bicycle. i think im going to put it on a bmx.

If you use BMP or Staton friction drive, the pocketbike engine is a bolt in. All ya have to do is install a fuel tank.:geek:

I've bolted on a goped tank on the outboard side of the engine position, when I installed this 10hp engine onto friction drive.

If you use BMP or Staton friction drive, the pocketbike engine is a bolt in. All ya have to do is install a fuel tank.:geek:

I've bolted on a goped tank on the outboard side of the engine position, when I installed this 10hp engine onto friction drive.

BMP or Staton friction drive?? got any pictures. i dont understand.

Not weedeater/weedwhacker engines, happy. They have smaller engine mounts and their clutches are not big enough or strong enough.

More like tillers and augers.:geek:

TSKrem it looks kind of like this
robin335ccFrictionMountedClose.jpg
robin engine on rack drive

Yes, 57 is right. But they visually look like weedeaters. 1.6 Hp would make one **** of a brush cutter motor though.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of weedwacker engines actually would work well for a true pedal assist bicycle or light vehicle. Kids are making their own all the time with garage sale stuff and skateboard wheels. But its doubtful how long they hold up because of lack of bearing support.

Status
Not open for further replies.