A back and forth about Golden Eagle

I got my Surfas online from REI sporting goods.
20 something each ...

Excellent! I love REI and use them often. In fact I have a dividend from them I need to use.

shawnshank...if you want a frame-mount engine'd by something as well-rounded as a tanaka, imo you'll need to look at the Grubee and EZM 4-stroke offerings with the honda option.

as far as tweaking the tanakas, there's very little available for the 32 besides the tanaka-branded pack, i posted some walbro carby info in another topic somewheres...

the 40 is much easier to work with...check out www.adaracing.com for lots of goodies, i have and i am zoomin' :)

Thanks for the suggestion for the frame mount kit. I'll look into it. Can you get the same speed out of a four stroke kit as you could with a 2 stroke of the same size?? From what I've read on here, you can't.

Thanks for the link. I have the 40cc so I'll be checking that out for sure. I have the power pack kit already (planning on installing it this summer) but it's worth a look to see what else they have. What did you add to yours? Assuming you have the 40cc that is.

Last edited:
yes i have a 40...and i had to get deep into scooter & pocketbike forums to learn what's available for it.

i have ADA filter/stack/juice-box/stalker. this combo won't give you what the tanaka tuned pipe will...but the pipe i had on my racing 32 eventually broke the exhaust-mounting ear on the cylinder & i learned that that's (somewhat)common with expansion pipes and small engines...so i went with plan-b this time.

the bike weighs a LOT, i bet it tips 75lbs maybe more...with rider & full gear somewhere around 350lbs i guess...obviously i'm geared down, 13T, i get 110mpg+ at 28-32mph. it starts, idles, runs, and sounds great :)

Thanks! I have no idea what a juice box, stack or stalker is but it all sounds great. Hahah!!!

I have the 13t and haven't installed the power pack yet and I get 34 mph top speed. My bike is super light though and I weigh 210 lbs so it's not even close to 300lbs with me on it. Maybe that's why.

yes i have a 40...and i had to get deep into scooter & pocketbike forums to learn what's available for it.

i have ADA filter/stack/juice-box/stalker. this combo won't give you what the tanaka tuned pipe will...but the pipe i had on my racing 32 eventually broke the exhaust-mounting ear on the cylinder & i learned that that's (somewhat)common with expansion pipes and small engines...so i went with plan-b this time.

the bike weighs a LOT, i bet it tips 75lbs maybe more...with rider & full gear somewhere around 350lbs i guess...obviously i'm geared down, 13T, i get 110mpg+ at 28-32mph. it starts, idles, runs, and sounds great :)

Your bike must be pretty loud. I had a Stalker on a scooter and I was afraid to tick off my neighbors, so I got rid of it.

How did that juice box work out? You must have the 15mm upgrade carb as well. I have a 40 on a scooter with the ADA upgrade 15mm carb (Walbro WYK-58) and manifold kit, with the stock exhaust (still pretty loud) and it's pulls pretty hard. The engine is quite a bit heavier than the 32, and I have hesitated to try it on my bike.

I'm curious to know what kind of gain I can expect from the juice box.
I just found in on that website and I'm not exactly sure what it does or how it improves performance.

Your bike must be pretty loud. I had a Stalker on a scooter and I was afraid to tick off my neighbors, so I got rid of it.

How did that juice box work out? You must have the 15mm upgrade carb as well. I have a 40 on a scooter with the ADA upgrade 15mm carb (Walbro WYK-58) and manifold kit, with the stock exhaust (still pretty loud) and it's pulls pretty hard. The engine is quite a bit heavier than the 32, and I have hesitated to try it on my bike.

juice-box (integrated boost bottle/intake)

smoother idle
smoother acceleration
overall leaner settings
no extra top-end

stalker exhaust: loud yes, rude no. imo.

also imo...if you're in the average or lower weight class, like kevin my roommate & his gary fisher...stick with the 32, it walks circles around the 40 no matter what we try. basically, with stock crankcase & GEBE gearing options, the 40 isn't any faster than the 32, but it's stronger.

No extra top end? Forget it then. lol
Thanks for the info.

smoother idle
smoother acceleration
overall leaner settings
no extra top-end

stalker exhaust: loud yes, rude no. imo.

also imo...if you're in the average or lower weight class, like kevin my roommate & his gary fisher...stick with the 32, it walks circles around the 40 no matter what we try. basically, with stock crankcase & GEBE gearing options, the 40 isn't any faster than the 32, but it's stronger.

I love my 32 it's a nice light small size .
once I got 500 mile on it , I got a power boost !!!!!
I guess is was break in !!!

If you put a r/s 35 gebe kit on the front wheel of an xtracycle conversion bike or any cargo bike for that matter would it work well? What would be any disadvantages? It seems like the easiest option for motorizing and you still have all your cargo area free. Augi stated he loaded his pretty heavily (350lbs) and from his adventures it seems he takes alot of uphill roads less traveled and gets 3500 miles out of his belts.

you have to pedal-assist a GEBE to get that kind of mileage out of the drive-components, Stoney...personally, i LOVE it, the man & machine aspect.

i've not experienced any kind of front-drive but i'd like to, i bet it's grand...based on what i know and have read, i'd think a front-drive eho35/low gear on a cargo-style bike would make a good hauler, within the constraints of the system that is.

Back