A back and forth about Golden Eagle

Buiding a Gebe frame mount with a sun retro 7 and robins motorr

Paul, I noticed your builds with the sun retro are all with the tanaka 32cc. I remember you saying with the R/S it must be installed perfectly vertical b/c of the oil tank. I haven't seen any pics with the R/S on this bike 1. can I see pics and 2. Does the seat interfere with the engine meaning can you adjust the seat any height w/o worrying about hitting the engine or your back touching the engine as well.

Lately it's been the opposite, more Subaru's than not, I've had a surge in city folks who like the quieter 4 Stroke.

There is NO problem, setting vertical, behind the seats.

This thread started way back when I was kind of the lone GEBEr, Wingo only hung around a month or so.

There are a lot of good threads to read in this section, we all kind of discovered frame mounting in August 2007, so look for that time frame on the postings.

Attachments

• 2008_0907mostlybikes0003.JPG
    2008_0907mostlybikes0003.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 2008_0907mostlybikes0015.JPG
    2008_0907mostlybikes0015.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 2008_0907mostlybikes0018.JPG
    2008_0907mostlybikes0018.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 400
  • 2008_0927mostlybikes0002.JPG
    2008_0927mostlybikes0002.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 400
  • 2008_1129hisherschwinn0001.JPG
    2008_1129hisherschwinn0001.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 413
bamabikeguy,

Do you know of any installations/pics of GEBEs on full suspension bikes ?

My bike...

attachment.php

Attachments

• my new bike.jpg
    my new bike.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 767
Yea Look

on the GEBE website there are pics of the gebe on serveral full suspension bikes, Man the bike would look good with a Tanaka 40CC gebe !!!!

Are those 24" wheels??

The frame looks like you are going to have to be creative on the front strap mount, possibly drill a hole all the way through the seat post. Else the brakes might be in the way.

The main problem with shocks are on the front, you can't mount basket legs without adaptations.

Well, the guy didn't answer, but I hate 24" wheels, and this model is duplicated by all the makers, you can get them used for $25. poj.

If you have $750 to spend, the two Oxford guys swapped the Jaguars for these Day Six 21 speeds, ordered via their local bike shops so the derailleurs have a labor warranty..

http://www.day6bicycles.com/dream21.html

As comfortable as my $1,200 recumbent, they fashioned windshields out of welding helmets, did a different/BETTER type of frame mount, added 1 gallon gas tanks.

Too bad my camera broke, but check out that link.

Yea the GEBE

Is Awesome !!!!
But you must get a really good rear wheel !!!!
I ended up buying the one from GEBE the 105G, After going through 2 other wheels in less than a year. The new wheel is built like a tank !!!
I have the Tanaka 32cc, It's just simply the best 2 stroke engine I have ever seen ......
You can't go wrong with a GEBE ...
But take there advice on buying their wheel !!!
Getting cheep on the wheel will only cause you problems..

Tanaka 40cc here and love it. Fast and reliable...what else could you ask for? It's a tad loud but I consider that a good thing when riding on busy city streets.

The only thing I don't love about it is the cheap plastic belt cover. Personally I find it ugly and I've had two break on me in less than a year (and not due to dropping it or mishandling it).

I am going to see about having a custom made cover made out of sheet metal or aluminum. Would anyone else be interested in such an item or are people o.k. with it the way it is?

Back