A beefy wheel & spoke please.

I bought (and recommmend) a heavy-duty 26x2.125" front & rear wheel set made of chromed steel, with thick 12 gauge spokes and beefy old-style coaster brake from www.bikeworldusa.com. They sell it together or just the front or rear wheel. If they don't have it, ask and they might be able to special order it.:)

Last edited:
The Wheelmaster is a good idea(if u have the money) or u could build your own wheel/wheels to your own specifications.It's a handy skill & not difficult once u get the hang of it,also very rewarding.
If u intend building your own let me know i'll post a video on "how to".

How to... is no problem. Where to... get the parts is a problem.
The parts are no problem...any descent bicycle shop can sell u the parts & there's always the internet for anything really specialized.Good Motorbike shops also sell parts u can use(eg,10 Guage spokes)

no, not where i'm at. bike shops here cater mostly to elitist cyclists who look down on motorized bikers. they laugh at vintage bikes and vintage hardware. i'm not even going to bring up the past thread here about bike shops. but yes, good old internet can help you find parts. takes weeks, but yeah.

If building a wheel from scratch you may want to get one with a disc brake hub that way you can upgrade to a disc brake in the future or use a Top Hat Sprocket Adapter to mount the sprocket.

Andrew

Boy have I learned that lesson about bike shops .But it thickens your skin though. I'll stick with the Internet . Thanks to Everybody for their help !

Those beefy chrome steel wheels with coaster brake from BikeWorldUSA are on clearance, front and rear for $56!!

Wheels - Heavy Duty 26 x 2.125 Wheel Set
[W3] $56.00

Back