A better engine for a board track replica

Like many others here, I love the old board track racers, and while the replicas that many people make look beautiful, the engine never just looks right to me. Is there anywhere we can purchase low power singles and/or vtwins that look even somewhat like the old engines from the 'teens? I say low power, because we all know a 1000cc modern vtwin would tear a bicycle frame in half, yet the old 1913 indian racer had a 1000cc v twin that had less than 10 horsepower. Does anyone make a vintage looking, low power v twin or large single?

I collect and restore antique engines from the turn of the last century. If you are interested, please shoot me an email to:matthewcuddy50@yahoo.com and I'll send you some pictures. Also have a 1000cc Brigs and Stratton V twin that weighs 100 lbs. and puts out 35 horsepower at 1800 rpm. I have LOTS of antique engines that run and look good as well. Thanks, Matt Cuddy, Burbank, CA. I also have an LLC named Monark Motors that designs and builds old early 1900's motorized bicycles as well.

The v-twin sold by harbor freight is about half the cost of a similar Briggs.
http://www.harborfreight.com/22-hp-670cc-v-twin-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-61614.html
image_25155.jpg

Like many others here, I love the old board track racers, and while the replicas that many people make look beautiful, the engine never just looks right to me. Is there anywhere we can purchase low power singles and/or vtwins that look even somewhat like the old engines from the 'teens? I say low power, because we all know a 1000cc modern vtwin would tear a bicycle frame in half, yet the old 1913 indian racer had a 1000cc v twin that had less than 10 horsepower. Does anyone make a vintage looking, low power v twin or large single?

This is my modified standard china girl 48cc. the bike is a cruiser not a board tracker but the engine still has the look. I have over 4k mi on this over 4 yrs.

Attachments

• SHIRT-4.jpg
    SHIRT-4.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 878
Back