A better exhaust gasket

I just had a gasket blow seems to be a problem for most i was on road when it happened picked this up at tractor supply..

Attachments

• 16004549173853379553191435533033.jpg
    16004549173853379553191435533033.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 138
I just had a gasket blow seems to be a problem for most i was on road when it happened picked this up at tractor supply..
That stuff is good for emergency repairs, but you have to lay down a thin bead and let it set up before bolting the parts together. Not sure what it's like in heat applications.

On my latest gasket I made two and glued the fiber sides together with contact cement. I think I have a bit of a bend in the flange, because a single wouldn't seal.

On my latest gasket I made two and glued the fiber sides together with contact cement. I think I have a bit of a bend in the flange, because a single wouldn't seal.
What about cork gasket material gonna have to go find the stuff your making it out of hope autozone will carry it

Anyone can please send link to buy these gaskets online want to make sure i get the right size im new to all this im no Mechanic thats for sure but I like messing around and learning about these motors my new hobby

Autozone will definitely have a sheet of exhaust gasket material, shadetree mechanic's stock in trade. Otherwise summit on line has it, I was just looking at it yesterday.

Back