A bike for finding tarantula and snakes.

If you aren't looking for top speed, an hs 142f can climb any grade if geared for 20 mph. It would get better gas mileage than the 79cc, and is quite a bit smaller overall. One of the things I hate the most with the 79cc is the exhaust exit location. You either bottleneck it with a right angle upon exit or deal with a pipe that wants to burn you. I live in mountain foothills and a 49cc is just fine, I had mine geared to 27 mph single speed for a while. Then I caught the bug and now have a 53cc jackshafted with a 3 speed hub, currently geared for 47 mph. I had it geared for 50.2 mph but 3rd was only used on flats and downhills. Now I can use 3rd uphill too, and my average speed rose about 7 mph even though I took a 3 mph top speed loss.
too consistent to be a troll. he is a great personality for sure. :)
I finally followed him last night, I don't want to miss a single post. I read every last word like a tweaker picking up a spilled bag of dope. I look forward to him posting, definitely one of the most entertaining characters on here.
Edit: Also not exactly consistent, there are times when he posts like a sane individual (well as sane as our crowd can be). There has even been a couple posts of his that I liked because it didn't involve reptilian spider people and actually had sound advise. Still trying to decide on him, might be a long term troll, or someone that can't afford meth 24/7.
(Notice my mentions of meff? hint hint.)

Last edited:
Dan that 53 is like a bored over 142 right? So still keep the legal looks here in U.S. and have enough power. That sounds like a nice setup. What kind of hub internal or cassette gears?

Bike - $229.00 Mountain Bike Has Front and Back Brakes and is multi speed
Engine - $171.34 4-Stroke 142F Kit
Chain Pully - $19.00 Arch Chain Pully/Idler
Tire Slim - $10.54 24 oz of tire slim
Tire Liner - $7 29x2.X" Tire Liner for the bikes tires
Odometer - $9.43 Bells Multi-function Odometer
Mirrors - $9.97 1 Pair Of EEEKit Mirrors

Total - 456.28 Left - 243.72

Extras

Water Bottle Holder - $7.95 MINI-FACTORY Pack Of 2
Rack And Basket - $46.74 Wald 535 Rack And Twin Basket Could be used instead of trailer

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Dan that 53 is like a bored over 142 right? So still keep the legal looks here in U.S. and have enough power. That sounds like a nice setup. What kind of hub internal or cassette gears?
The 144 is identical on the outside to the 142, and has 25% more torque. It has a 1.7mm overbore. The hub is a nexus inter-3, an internally geared hub.

Bike - $229.00 Mountain Bike Has Front and Back Brakes and is multi speed
Engine - $171.34 4-Stroke 142F Kit
Chain Pully - $19.00 Arch Chain Pully/Idler
Tire Slim - $10.54 24 oz of tire slim
Tire Liner - $7 29x2.X" Tire Liner for the bikes tires
Odometer - $9.43 Bells Multi-function Odometer
Mirrors - $9.97 1 Pair Of EEEKit Mirrors

Total - 456.28 Left - 243.72
I did way more that that to get my bike to where it is. First off, that transfer case is a cheap knockoff of the grubee 4g and there will be issues down the road. The tire slime and liner is kinda bandaging crappy tires, better tires alone does wonders, then adding slime and liners makes a good tire better. The brakes, derailleurs, spokes, sprockets and bearings are probably bottom end (bottom end china) and need replacing.
For a bike, it's best to find a used mid to high end one, will be cheaper in the long run (ask me how I've spent $1500 on a huffy cranbrook).

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I did way more that that to get my bike to where it is. First off, that transfer case is a cheap knockoff of the grubee 4g and there will be issues down the road. The tire slime and liner is kinda bandaging crappy tires, better tires alone does wonders, then adding slime and liners makes a good tire better. The brakes, derailleurs, spokes, sprockets and bearings are probably bottom end (bottom end china) and need replacing.
For a bike, it's best to find a used mid to high end one, will be cheaper in the long run (ask me how I've spent $1500 on a huffy cranbrook).

whoops looks like i forgot to hit the reply button i was, trying to reply to a guy named RB55 who said Honesty, if you don’t plan on going fast, I would just buy a good mountain bike at Walmart ($150) yada yada yada etc etc and then they said after that a MTBike would be hard to find that would fit a a 142F kit.

I'd guess you spent $1500 by riding a cranbrook 50mph lol. Imagine how much less stress the entire set up would see by being limited to 20mph. Probably last for years. That bike frame looks like it would have the room as long as @brc995 is tall enough to ride it comfortably. Might be nice to be up higher to see a little more as well. I'm wondering how much sandy desert conditions will beat up a rear derailleur...

Seriously though
E L E C T R I C would be the best option with your budget and easy to put on any frame you want and very very quiet. If you wanted to you could even run pedal sensor with a throttle. You could ride no handed keep pedaling assisted and snap photos on the fly. I was never into pokemon very much but my cousin and I did beat pokemon snap lol.

whoops looks like i forgot to hit the reply button i was, trying to reply to a guy named RB55 who said Honesty, if you don’t plan on going fast, I would just buy a good mountain bike at Walmart ($150) yada yada yada etc etc and then they said after that a MTBike would be hard to find that would fit a a 142F kit.

Yeah, that mountain bike will fit the HS-142F though tbh you cheated its a 29" mtn bike. If you go to walmart now, walk down that bike isle looking for mountain bikes I can guarentee you that every single one even then 27.5-29" ones will not fit a HS-142F. You have to do a special order off of Walmart main line and sold by a third party vendor that will ship it such as the one you suggested. That is a good find though its definitely a bit beyond a budget budget mountain bike but not exorbitant and within his price range. Good job.

Back