A Christmas Test Run

CENTURION

Local time
3:14 PM
Merry Christmas all, it's a 45 deg. balmy day here in MI, took the Chinese out for a little test run. It's broken in, but still on the 16:1 mix, could hit 28MPH in about 3/8 of a mile, not bad with me at 185lbs. It will outrun anything I have except for my Minimotors scooter, that will do about 32 MPH (which I did once to test and will most likely never do again). With the 36 tooth sprocket I suspect it will hit low 30's with a longer stretch of road, at 28 is was not yet 4 stroking.

Attachments

• SPEED.jpg
    SPEED.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 130
  • XMAS.jpg
    XMAS.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 124
It starts and will run, still some bugs to work out, I got it to 29 mph, and it will shut down? It may be that high oil content in the fuel. That 36 tooth sprocket makes for very slow starts, I may have to re-think that. The vibration from the 2 stroke beneath you is somewhat of a shock therapy (I got spoiled from the Solex ride quality). Fun little project.

The vibration from the 2 stroke beneath you is somewhat of a shock therapy
That can be brought down to almost zero vibration depending on the front and rear motor mounting techniques used...Could you shoot me a couple of close-up pics of the mounts as i may be able to help you out with that???...DAMIEN

That can be brought down to almost zero vibration depending on the front and rear motor mounting techniques used...Could you shoot me a couple of close-up pics of the mounts as i may be able to help you out with that???...DAMIEN
I just did the kit adapter, put the U bolt through the upper slot on the plate. Rear mount fit perfect on the down tube, they are staying secure as well. I think my engine is not running as good as it could.

I don't know, but I have heard that a very scientifically proven 93.733849% of vibration below 25-30 mph is caused by mounting issues.

My bike shakes and shutters at low speeds and I got that thing (same universal as you I assume) so tight the plate is pulling towards the frame. I do know (and haven't admitted until now) that one of my rear mount nuts stripped out at a tight spot. I think my rear mount is causing the issue.

I am still not sure I am keeping this engine on this frame so I have not put an importance on that at this time. I still haven't ridden it more than down the road.

Seems to run a little better with the airbox on, and that carb clamp has to be tightened before every ride, the inside is a nice smooth finish with nothing to stop it from rotating, and it does. This bike is just a hobby I like to tinker with, for any serious commuting or trail riding, our e-bikes are used, the reliability, quietness and overall ease of use can't be beat. I never ride further out than I can pedal back on this one, still a lot of fun.

Get rid of the fuel you have and remix to 32:1.
Definitely, changed out the 16:1 , also got a quality bolt/nut to tighten the carb to the manifold, It's solid now, and running very good even in the 28 deg temp this AM. Sweet spot on this set-up is cruising at 20-23 MPH, nice and smooth, a little more throttle and it climbs grades with ease.

Back