A cruise on the Cruz

• Thread starter Deleted member 33209
  • Start date

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
5:38 AM
any reason why @DAMIEN1307 ? To me the stock tank gets me everywhere I could possibly want to go.
YEP...I am in the middle of the God forsaken desert and everything is spread out to get to anything out here, plus I do not have to keep filling it every week...lol...It also gives me more needed weight in the front end to hold things down...These Phantoms have a habit of wanting to pop wheelies when you goose the gas...lol.

weefek

Local time
7:38 AM
makes sense. I refill before every ride just to be safe, just like i check head bolt torque before every ride. I guess it depends on your destination and purpose for the bike. I know I can do at least 3 trips into town without running out of gas but I still fill her up every time just in case. Same reason that 'weapons' are on the ready in my home just in case.

I have the stock gas tank, in case anyone wonders. If I ever do my 120 mile trip (one way) (gotta figure out some things first) i'm sure i will want the larger tank....

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
7:38 AM
any reason why @DAMIEN1307 ? To me the stock tank gets me everywhere I could possibly want to go.
Many of us are using 100% ethanol-free gas. However, only one place sells it in my town. Therefore, a large tank allows me to make longer trips and not have to stop at stations that only sell ethanol-added gas. I have a 5-quart see through tank.