A cruise on the Cruz

• Thread starter Deleted member 33209
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33209

Big T from Big T's motorized bicycle's put it together for me during the winter.
Finally some decent weather so I can cruise around the neighborhood on my new Switz Cruz :)

You do know that the Switz Cruz is actually a Hyper Bike Company Ceach Cruiser ?

It is just re-badged under the Switz name for Bikeberry and other vendors with that name is all.

That is not a disparaging remark since I also ride a Hyper...Its a great frame and stronger than most out there, but the coaster brake in the rear will not hold up for very long and will lockup on you...I also had a front brake like yours on mine but didn't help much...This is why i converted mine to mags and disk brakes, much better stopping power and no more spoke adjustments and trueing...lol.

Just figured you should know...DAMIEN

bfb61811-6c28-4323-9ac2-8e0ff717cfe1_1.19a1af507b81bd794153b1c0bb3d3b08.jpeg

DSCN0172.JPG

IMG_0353.jpg

Yeah I know, you told me on my build thread. Don't you remember, I put the fork on backwards. And yes, I understand about the brakes. I have another bike which stops like a dream and the coaster/front brake combo does indeed suck. I can just slow down too :)

Great video. Praises go out to you for stopping at the STOP signs. One part in the beginning you were riding to the far right then got back into the center of the lane to establish lane control. I say a prayer for you every time I see you in those dangerous bicycle lanes. Personally I wouldn't use them; you seem to have no problem keeping up with city traffic speed. You did lane split at a traffic light, check your local laws to find out if Lane Splitting is legal where you live; most places in the USA it isn't legal. Even in places where it is legal I still wouldn't do it because it's dangerous if traffic suddenly starts to move on you. Lane Splitting shouldn't be confused with Lane Sharing.

Some of those roads are terrible. I suggest getting front suspension and an adjustable suspension seat post. Your body will thank you for it.

Damien how do I convert to disc brakes on my switz cruz
Click this URL link below and follow all the other URL links along the journey...lol...This is how I did everything to mine...lol.

Back