A Far Cry

FrizzleFried

Local time
4:22 AM
Being new to this hobby... I was quite surprised at the HUGE DELTA between the money necessary to build a Chinese motor bicycle... and the money necessary to build a classic Whizzer...

Whoa...

... now, what kind of money does it take to build a "reproduction" Whizzer today? I assume it's still quite a bit more than the pennies on the dollar it takes to get going with a Chinese Motor kit...

Being new to this hobby... I was quite surprised at the HUGE DELTA between the money necessary to build a Chinese motor bicycle... and the money necessary to build a classic Whizzer...

Whoa...

... now, what kind of money does it take to build a "reproduction" Whizzer today? I assume it's still quite a bit more than the pennies on the dollar it takes to get going with a Chinese Motor kit...

Oh yeah, Vintage Whizzer is a timeless classic, and quite the collectors M/B

If your interested in a Repop Whizzer made in Taiwan, Building it by piece will cost more than buying it complete
Used ones can be found for $750 to $1,750 or more these days depending on condition, but be ready to invest another $400 or more to make any upgrades, change wheels, and accessories.

A great investment, but remember maintenance is the key to happiness
Here's a pic of my 2005 NE-5
I now have over 40,000 miles on her
DSCF6311.JPG
DSCF6332.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6400.JPG
    DSCF6400.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF6401.JPG
    DSCF6401.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF6405.JPG
    DSCF6405.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 73

Whoa...

It will cost you more money to build a whizzer than it will if you buy a complete Whizzer. Engine kit alone is around $1000-$1100 time its shipped to your location. Personally I would want to build my own Whizzer with kit parts, but I'm anal like that because I'll know what I have when finished. BTW Wrench is our resident Whizzer God!

Cruzzer took over Whizzer and sells MBs and parts. I believe it is a Taiwan company.

Cruzzer took over Whizzer and sells MBs and parts. I believe it is a Taiwan company.
The same Taiwan manufacture that made the Repop Whizzer now makes the Cruzzer

Whizzer USA "Whizzer Motorbikes" had the Taiwan Whizzer Co. build the Repop Whizzer in 1999-2009

Until 2014 Whizzer USA had a parts contract and rights to sell the parts in the USA. They still sell NOS Whizzer parts today.
Whizzer USA still owns the copy rights to the name Whizzer

In 2014 Taiwan Whizzer Co. changed the name of the bike to Cruzzer M/B in order to be able to sell them,

BTW Taiwan Whizzer Co. made Whizzers for the European market in the late 1940s and early 50s

Back