A Faster Scooter with a CVT (sudden death motorized scooter)

it just barley fits. i know you are gonna have questions of how im gonna pull this off. watch-n-learn. btw i said specificaly i wasnt gonna do this, but here we are. im gonna need a serious wheelie bar on this one

the set screw on the motor mount fell out. oops. the rear bearing in the torque converter has left the chatroom. i need to tear it down to the frame, and than paint it.
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.01.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.04.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.04.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.05.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.06.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.07.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.08.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.08.40 PM.png

Those little chonda motors don't like to be run off a pedestal, they do better with a more solid mount. I tried that on my first kart, the vibes were so bad, I had to alter it.

what? do you mean they crack the mounting ears off?
It didn't break anything, but the vibrations would foam the fuel in the bowl making it hard to get a constant throttle.

What you got is pretty close, if you welded a solid piece of flat stock across your square tubes it would be a rock. Mark and drill the mounting holes for the engine and elongate the holes to adjust your chain, drill two holes for each corner and cut the middle out with a jigsaw. File it all to clean it up. Then you will only need one adjusting screw to move the engine forward, put a compression spring between the screw head and nut.

i have slots along the square tube i milled, so it goes side to side. im not having problems with the engine leaning out. i have heavier spring in the governer, and i rev to about 4500, and its not surging or having symptoms of fuel starvation

i managed to tear the the sprocket off the drive wheel. i used some 683 to hold it on, because i know a guy who managed to 683 the accessory drive pully to the crankshaft to a Toyota Corola. that car made it to 458xxx miles before it got a hole in the gas tank and it wasnt worth fixing

Back