A February Ride...

KilroyCD

Local time
8:01 AM
We just had a spring-like day here in south central PA, with the high temperature approaching 60 degrees (F). Naturally, I had to fire up the Whizzer and take it for a ride, as I wasn't going to pass up this chance. It was a little difficult to awaken it from its winter slumber, but I got it running and very carefully (as there is still a LOT of loose salt and gravel on the roads from recent snows) put a few miles on it this morning. Dang! Now I can't wait for spring! :helmet:

Even though it was 60 degrees F today, I still have ice on my driveway. I live on the north side of the hill and I still have ice and snow. Instead of riding today I put down another 200lbs of sand and 50lbs of salt.... I also can't wait for spring.

Jim

It melts down through the thick ice so it softens it up and helps it to break up so it melts easier. We have had enough freeze and thaw cycles that it generates new ice overnight when the temp drops again. When the snow finally all melts away the cycle will stop on my driveway. No snow to melt during the day means now new ice the next morning. The funny thing is that once you get about 200 yds from my house all the snow is gone. My yard usually the last place for the snow to melt in the township. It sucks.

Jim

Last edited:
The Pro-Bowl game is at Aloha Stadium today, a mile from my place. Unfortunately it's right on my western travel route, so I'll head east with "The Dragon Lady".

At the moment it's 77*, 13mph winds from NE, 56% humidity.

Same temps when I rode "Mr. Whizzard" past Aloha Stadium yesterday, but I felt a few raindrops then.

Perfect weather for riding, but lousy roads and agressive car drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hit about 45 up here and the thought was there, after this winter!!! That salts no good on the wirring tho! Especially the cheezy ht stuff.

Back