a few questions about breaking in my motor

M

Mrman7627

Hello, I have recently put a 50cc 2 stroke engine on my bike. I understand how long my break in period needs to be and oil/gas ratios during the 2 periods "according to the manual that came with it" Its just one of those 100-120 dollar engines you can buy off of ebay. The book was a little murky on some details though and I was hoping for some guidance. The manual said during the break in process to "be gentle" the first 500km and not to run the engine for more than a 30 minute period. I was wondering how relative a term "gentle" is like half of max power 3/4 max power? "i dont even know how much power im currently using as i just put it together and ran it around the block a few times at roughly 10mph also after the break in can you run the motor for more than 30 minutes? like say 45 minutes? Im currently planning on using this bike for transportation to work and my work is 13 miles away and i want to make sure i do EVERYTHING i can to ensure this motor lasts at least 2 months until i can get a better more reliable vehicle. Im also wondering about how to maximize the performance of the bike ie increasing the rpms and power after the break in by turning the knob that does that "if it even needs to be turned" and what a safe rpm value is and how to know when im in the correct "zone" Sorry if im asking a lot of qustions or that im all over the place im just nervous about ensuring i do this right. Thank you very much ahead of time and i hope everyones having a good day!!

Back