A few questions...

Local time
4:58 AM
Hey guy's,

I am currently in the process of installing my 2-stroke 70cc thatsdax engine on my stingray bike. It is all going well except for the throttle. There is a small nub on the inside of the throttle that is supposed to go into a hole that you drill into your handle bars. Unfortunatly the directions that I printed off his website did not cover that part. So, not knowing what the little nub was for, I slid the throttle on the handle bar, and when I was tightning it down a piece of the plastic came off the throttle. Luckily my good buddy who is a moderator on this forum told me that I was supposed to drill a hole into the handle bar and slip the nub into that, and then tighten it down. Now, I have installed the throttle cable into the throttle already but I don't know how i'm supposed to screw it into the hole in the top of the carborator, and if I should screw it into it after I fix and put the throttle back on, or after I complete my build. I have included a few pics of it. Oh yeah, I installed the engine block yesterday before I tried to put on the throttle so tell me what you think! Thanks for all the help! 2009.jpg

004.jpg

2012.jpg

-Stingrayboy

http://www.zbox.com.au/instructions.htm
If you scroll down to about 2/3 on zbox instructions page,

you'll see a detailed view on how the carby setup is done.
Hope this is what you are asking ?

I like the way you have mounted the engine independendantly of the bike's frame tubes.
Similar to my 2nd build, almost finsihed to.

That is sort of what I was asking. I really just want to know how the Throttle cable connects to the carborator. But thanks for the post, these are much better directions than the other one! I'm going to use them for the rest of my build!

Hmm, on my zbox 70cc, the throttle was already connected to the carby. So I skipped that entire section in the instructions.

About that nib on the throttle though, I didn't know what it was, so I filed it off :S. ****, I wish I had known. Ah well, it's not going anywhere, so no point worrying.

Hmm, on my zbox 70cc, the throttle was already connected to the carby. So I skipped that entire section in the instructions.

About that nib on the throttle though, I didn't know what it was, so I filed it off :S. ****, I wish I had known. Ah well, it's not going anywhere, so no point worrying.

I don't have the zbox engine kit, I have the thatsdax one. I put the throttle on last night and it's looking good. But I haven't connected it to the carb yet. Should I attatch the throttle cable to the carb now or wait until I get the bike all ready to go? Thanks for the help.

I don't have the zbox engine kit, I have the thatsdax one. I put the throttle on last night and it's looking good. But I haven't connected it to the carb yet. Should I attatch the throttle cable to the carb now or wait until I get the bike all ready to go? Thanks for the help.

yeah, to keep the dust out.

Can you show a pic of what ya mean please.
Or are you saying the cable is on the barrel and the barrel is not screwed into the carby yet ?
If it ain't, then only you know depending if it gets in the way of your progress.
Point is, if the top of the carby is not covered and you have workshop dust etc floating around, cover the carby till ya reay to go.

Back