A GEBE two stroke experiment...

interesting...but i'm not knowledgable about special fuels.

i did want to remind you that you've barely scratched the surface re: break-in...per dennis, at least 1000mi of MB'ing is needed before the tanakas start to kick-in...man do they ever kick-in when they finally get there. and, the concensus (from tanaka also) seems to be that one shouldn't tweak or experiment until you do get there.

"augi, this thing is better than ever, what'd you do?"

"i kept riding it."

;) :cool:

If the only thing that the NM does is give me easier starting then I will leave it in just for that advantage... I already have tendonitis in my shoulders, the worst its been I couldnt move at all for a half hour. If I had a bigger tank on the bike I would use it more, but mostly its just short journeys at the moment.
The tanakas do seem hypersensitive to pipes though, 3 miles of one of those and the engine was not happy..
So I will keep it @ 50ml/gallon and await developments.

how much does the performance increase when they run in?

Jemma xx

NM

Jemma
Thats a great post
I can confirm that what you did is validated in my experience as last summer I did exactly that when i had run out of gas for my weedeater ,it had never been hard to start but when i added the dregs of my RC fuel in the tank that baby fired right up and was zinging like a good un I knew straight away that it was different from the revs, being a racer i quickly thought okay what if i used race gas ,so when i ran out of the RC mix I added some of my race gas to the tank Sunoco 110 octane which is what Nascar uses, Results were poor to say the least ran like a dog and was hard to start had to use starting fluid like you mentioned to get it running.
I guess if your looking for a little extra help it would be usefull but again long term effects are not known NM is used in a lot of top classes of drag racing but those guys are stripping their motors down every run virtually so they are able to keep a handle on whats happening .
Royz

i felt it the day those rings found their seat..."cruzin" was behind me and he said later i just all the sudden "walked away" ...it was awesome! not a real boost in "performance" but shootfire it got tons stronger.

and it keeps getting better...

folks who only get an occasional test-ride still comment on the improvement over their last ride :)

i think a fully-seated tanaka would happily take that pipe, just keep ridin' it 'til you get there :cool:

Last edited:
Just check your plug for lean runs...and maybe throw in an extra teaspoon or 2 of castor? Someone mentioned that the nitro fuel will break down the 2-stroke oil, but I don't know.

I went out to the flying field, and not one guy has ever put nitro in their gas...so you're breaking new ground.

I *did* however buy myself a new plane! (Told my wife it was my midlife, and she should be happy I didn't come home with a Vette!) :)

Hi,

I just did a run out to see my grandmother - 22 miles round trip - to take my mind off things and try and cheer myself up.

I had noticed a few performance differences at first - but the difference now is amazing...

Distance: 21.1 miles (34.1km)
Max speed: 37.53mph
Average speed: 25.48mph
time : 50 minutes

This is an average of out and back - the max speed even downhill I have seen before is 35mph and the average speed is up by 3.5mph on the same journey.

While I had a tailwind on the way out, i was fighting a headwind on the way back and even in those conditions in 'racing trim' I was running between 27-30mph - before the bike would have been fighting to hit 26mph. The temperature is somewhere around 18 degrees centigrade.

The ONLY changes I have made are 2% or so nitromethane fuel and I have also purchased a riding hat/helmet for safety reasons and because I have people depending on me and my continued good health.

With tailwind - on a very slight upward grade I was hitting 36mph flat out at one point....!

Jemma xx

oh ok i see.

SO before nitromethanol what was the top speed and average one.

Last edited:
top speed on the flat without tailwind was 31-32mph

Average speed from lexden to mersea island was 22mph - the same journey.

Since I had a headwind/tailwind those would have equalled themselves out so the average speed difference is likely due to the fuel changes.

Jemma xx

so if i have a 27t sprocket and hit 35 - 36 mph on flat without wind i think i would hit near 40 with nitromethanol . i will try thats i thinks it will works fine. my engine is a 2 stroke 67cc(80cc) HT does it will work nice or not ?

Back