A hybrid KIT to hit the market?

I like the looks of that, but I don't see the need. I've concluded that for powering my tadpole I'll go with a Currie type drive on each front wheel, powered by a small portable generator driven by a 2 stroke (perhaps 4 stroke) engine, a single deep cycle battery for load smoothing.

Put 350 watts of power on each front wheel, set up to freewhel when not in use, and go with a Shimano multi-speed hub at the rear, driven conventionally. The really lovely part of doing the system I envision is when I need silent running, I can shut down the generator. Until I can afford that, I'll be pedalling.

I like the looks of that, but I don't see the need. I've concluded that for powering my tadpole I'll go with a Currie type drive on each front wheel, powered by a small portable generator driven by a 2 stroke (perhaps 4 stroke) engine, a single deep cycle battery for load smoothing.

Put 350 watts of power on each front wheel, set up to freewhel when not in use, and go with a Shimano multi-speed hub at the rear, driven conventionally. The really lovely part of doing the system I envision is when I need silent running, I can shut down the generator. Until I can afford that, I'll be pedalling.

Well, a dual currie system is going to be fairly complex to install and manage. With the setup shown there the engine and motor work together to be a complete system without the inefficiencies of converting gas to electric to mechanical power again. In this system you could use the gas only, electric only or a combination of the two and drive them through a nuvinci hub for a wide range of gearing on the pedals and engine power. When the engine is running and the electric motor is not it acts as a generator and keeps your batteries topped up. It seems like it'll be killer for sure, and if it's made by staton you can count on it being durable as heck.

Thats so cool! After taking my 110 mile trip (6hrs straight) running my little workhorse Subaru EH035 Im going to stick with my stock set up with a larger fuel tank. This engine is so reliable for me and not to mention 174 mpg I cant justify the $ upgrade. But I do love the dual technology set up. I also like how they mention this will also be used for small Hybrids Vehicles, trikes, four wheelers and Bicycles depending on the design.

This is going to be extremely heavy, expensive, complicated and rather inefficient.

Graucho,

I am interested in doing some 100 mile plus trips. Maybe you can start another thread telling about your long run.!. Thanks.

Back