A interesting looking frame

Simon_A

Local time
1:09 PM
Northern Suburbs, Adelaide, South Australia
This one looks interesting as a donor frame for a cruiser

http://www.threeamigos.com.au/Tijuana.htm

Okay 3amigo's are the classic "dodgy brothers" dealer. But wont judge the bike till I look at one this afternoon (if they have any in stock).

If its good I will grab one and transfer my HT engine to it to free up my existing frame for "project Polini" (the adelaidians know what I mean by that) ;):):D

This one also looks good
http://www.threeamigos.com.au/Mexicali.htm

But backpedal brakes wouldnt be good at any speed.

Last edited:
Uhh... are you gonna fabricate a rack-mount for your HT?? Because there's not enough space in the Tijuana for a frame-mount.

Not trying to discourage you. Full suspension is the only way to go, IMO (nearly impossible with frame-mounts)... but I just don't want you to think it'll be easy to make it work.

Well it just shows pictures can be deceiving.

I could fit a harley twin in there with room to spare.

In fact it is stupidly big, I mean how big are people from Tijuana?

I am 6 foot tall and the frame is huge for even me. I couldnt even straddle the frame, let alone sit on the seat.

If the bike was a normal size it would be good. Has disks front and rear, it also has the mounts for normal brakes on the frame. So I could switch the back disk setup for a normal pull setup and use the disk mount for a sprocket.

But having a bike I have to lean at 45 degrees just to straddle when not moving is silly.

Both bikes were quite good.

If I could take the disk brakes off the Tijuana and put them on the mex, it would be a good bike to build.

The Mex is the better bike except the double spoke count and the fact it only has back pedal brakes. My V brakes when wet have a real problem with stopping my bike. As I found out on the adelaide meet. So backpedal brakes would be suicide.

Really nice designed frames though, wish they would have worked. Oh well.

Oh bummer they are so big, I'm a short arse so definatly no good for me, the number of spoke would be issue for the sprocket, but man them wheels look killer.
I had never been on there site or to the shop, I had seen what the sell on the back of the TV guide and my sister bought her 11yr old a mountain bike from them with discs etc for xmas.
I was there xmas day when they wheeled it out to the lounge, in my sisters eyes it was a good buy, in my 11 year old nephews eyes it was killer, in my 15 yr old nephews eyes this was better than his and would be good for "stoppies" and "jumps"
So before the 11 yr old had a chance the 15 year old is flat out down the road for a big spec stoppie to show his little bro what to do, it did it, but when it came back down the rear wheel colapsed, mmm, I went in side and hid.
Anyway I just had a look, man they are cheap, probably worth buying to salvage parts.
I like this one http://www.threeamigos.com.au/Mehico.htm

Back