A little help. Air Intake size effects?

KoolBreeze420

Local time
5:20 PM
So I bought a new engine and as I was putting it on the bike when I noticed that the intake is smaller than the engine I am replacing everything else seems to be a perfect match head bolts muffler etc. Will this affect the cc's of the engine and if not what effect will it have other than finding an offset intake hard?

So I bought a new engine and as I was putting it on the bike when I noticed that the intake is smaller than the engine I am replacing everything else seems to be a perfect match head bolts muffler etc. Will this affect the cc's of the engine and if not what effect will it have other than finding an offset intake hard?
Basically nothing would change, the intake should be found easily on eBay, you day it's smaller, by that I assume you mean the stud spacing? Nothing against the rules about elongating the holes so you can put it on the engine, if it were me and there was room for the nuts next to the tube then I'd do it in a heartbeat. Larger than normal washer with a flat cut into it (if it won't seat next to the tube, which happens sometimes) to keep the nut from digging and splaying the metal, also keeps the nut from getting torn up.

I've done it before so don't feel apprehensive about it, it's steel (usually) and it's supporting only the weight of a carburetor.

Yes, it is the stud spacing. I suspect that it's the 30mm and my other engine is 40mm. So I can just swap cylinder bodies with no issue then. Right? I suspected this was the case but it just sorta threw me off cause everything was going perfectly until I went to install the offset intake in order to install the carb and air filter that I currently have.I have only built one of these a few years back during that time I had so many problems due to inexperience and an old bike frame may have also caused some issues so I saved up for 2 years to buy the bike I Am building right now and I want to prevent all the headaches the 1st bike gave me. 1 more question If I use my old cylinder body will I still have to abide to the break in period?

Back