a newbie question about motorised bikes.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by azndude3141, Dec 14, 2010.

  1. azndude3141

    azndude3141 New Member

    hi everybody, i want to find a way to get around town quickly and legally. i recently saw some 49cc bike kits on ebay and they claim to say they are legal to ride around. here in california, what are the requirements to legally ride a motorised bike? does it need turnsignals, stop indicators, and a horn? will i need a liscence plate like mopeds? i would appreciate your help.

  2. curtisfox

    curtisfox Member

    Go to your local DMV and they should have a booklet that should tell you all you need to know
  3. PatrickW

    PatrickW Staff Member

    You might try, as a starting point, our "Motored Biking Laws and Legislation" Forum in the "Clubhouse and Social Area"...read thru it and you should get pointed in the right direction. Remember to just Search, Read, then ask questions.
  4. wheelbender6

    wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

    The surest bet is to get or build an electric bike, as they are allowed by federal statute.