A noise that doesn't sound too good

Emcee

Local time
10:44 AM
I noticed a noise that sounds almost like the piston is scraping inside the engine. I noticed it the other day. I'm super nervous because I had a Ridgeyard 80cc go to s**t except the noise was louder and sounded awful when running, hope it isn't repeating itself.

I'm on my 4th tank of gas so I don't know if this is a normal sound of a broken-in engine or a soon to be broken engine.

Specs : 80cc engine with NT Carb.

I couldn't hear anything in that video. I would suggest you pull the cover with the clutch arm off and examine it inside for any rub marks from the chain. Also look at the chain stay for the chain coming into contact there.

It can't be the piston. The piston isn't moving. You have the clutch in. What you are likely hearing is the clutch making whining noises.

It can't be the piston. The piston isn't moving. You have the clutch in. What you are likely hearing is the clutch making whining noises.
Is that where messing with the flower nut comes into play?
I couldn't hear anything in that video. I would suggest you pull the cover with the clutch arm off and examine it inside for any rub marks from the chain. Also look at the chain stay for the chain coming into contact there.
I know the video was quiet. I had to use earbuds in order to hear it. I don't see any signs of rub marks.

Back