A non peddling bike engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt you can go more than 30 on that engine, with a 2 stroke motor kit you can get them to go a lot faster than that engine and there is a lot more high performance parts for the 2stroker, and yes they fit certain 26-29in bikes

So I should just get a 2 stroke then later add the centrifugal clutch and the pull start. Also I need to know will the kits fit in perfectly?

Yes I would get the 2 stroke. I like the pedal start. And you can put a pull start on it. Don't worry about the centrifuge clutch the kit comes with a manual clutch you just rev it up and slowly let out the clutch to take off some bikes do need a push it get going but all the ones I have had and my mates could take off just with a one foot push if that just keep the revs up.and to start I would pick up the bike by the seat right hand to get the back wheel off the ground hold the handle bars with left hand and kick the pedal just like a kick start on a motorbike starts every time. I didn't think you could take off from a dead stop but after seeing like 5 kids do it. And thay rev it all the way up then drop the clutch. It works but better to let the clutch off slow you can feel it bite or when you need to rev it more.

You won't know till you get a motor, some cruiser bikes that look like they will fit won't work with the frame.
If you post a picture of your bike then I might be able to tell if it will work but It's not going to be certain

At eny time the clutch is not fully on or engaged or fully disengaged but is touching a movein part there would be wear and getting up to speed is better. But they don't wear that ezy I've done 10.000km only change the pads once and I don't think it needed it

so...just to elaborate...where you planning on riding this motorbike, and why shouldnt it have pedals?

for a budget of $150.... keep walking, or catch the bus.

you gunna have to get it registered if it has no pedals. its a MOTORBIKE. you can take that rule to be pretty standard across several countries let alone states.

which means it has to have very good brakes, front and back. they have to pass DOT or ADR or similar design rules for motor vehicles.
unless your from some parts of south america, asia, or other "third world" countries?

your link is to a push button switch, no more, no less. you could hook it up to your bedside lamp. use it as a kill switch. use it as a starter button. stick it on your shirt with "hit the button" written over it...

but then youre going to spend a few hundred on somehow installing a custom electric starter and battery, and wiring, up to your less than $150 engine... custm machined parts dont come cheap.

a pullstart is fine, except when the string breaks...great. now you have no pedals or a way to start the engine. enjoy the push home :)

to put it all in a nutshell... you want the impossible. a $150 motorbike...

sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind...it isnt going to happen! stop dreaming! add another zero to your budget!

Technically, if he has the bike already it is possible to meet his requirements with some savvy buying and advance knowledge/skill. Of course as a newbie he would not be doing this. But, you could buy a Predator 79cc engine for $80 and with the remaining $70 machine up a mounting plate, transmission and buy a rear sprocket, chain, and throttle. I know it is a lot but I think it is possible for advance folks to do. :D

whos machining it? who does the drawings for the machinist? what happens when the first idea doesnt actually work because its fundamentally flawed, the machinist couldnt care less, and it had no tolerancing so machinist did what they felt like and it all needs to be started again?

sure, i got the junk here to do it and i might spend $50 on chains and cables, etc... if i had those bits kicking around, maybe for nothing!

but i also have a mill, a welder, a lathe... rudimentary experience of what can and will go wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back