A possible 4 stoke alternate engine (Mounting??)

Q

quarkdude

Hello all,
I came across this site and thought, wow wouldn't this be cool for going to the 4 stroke side and building another bike. They have all kinds of engine sizes starting at 50cc. Here is a link to all the sizes. What do you guys think. Mounting might be a little left to the imagination, but everyone here is always open minded about fabricating something up to make it work. The output shaft to the chain is on the left side of the engine and they have a 3 speed transmission in them with a 3 down shifter on the right. Maybe this is too extreme - Naaah! ha ha
http://www.hooperimports.com/dept.asp?dept_id=02
...........quarkdude:cool:

Rack mount...chain drive...shifter..hand shifter....cable operated shifter...no..rod shifter to frame to right hand...manual clutch...happy time tank...50 cc for legality.
I want one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my that does look tempting.
I could....use 1st and 2nd gear in town @ 20 MPH out of town 3rd gear and 45 MPH or more. Wow thats way too tempting.

I'm measuring the opening in my bike. If it will fit, I will next try my hand at doing a gear inch conversion to check the size sprockets needed to allow climbing/putting in first and cruising 20+ MPH in second. Then getting speeding tickets for going ludicrous speed in third gear.:eek: Now I'm really drooling.

I sure hope it is 45# in shipping weight and not 45# for the engine weight since that would likely be a deal breaker for my bike.

Kep1a

There's a Lifan 90cc with full auto (intrnal CVT I believe)(it's made for an ATV) and electric start for about $170. It doesn't include carb or CDI, but those can be ordered. I think the weight on these is right around 40 lbs. The engine is about 17" long. That would be a consideration.
Here's another link to the 50cc for $200:

http://www.rnrfabrication.com/lifanengine.htm

...auto clutch with starter...battery located where Happy time usually goes...but manual clutch with Happy time style starting may be more manly [Tim Allen] ARARARARARAR!!![/Tim Allen]

Or maybe frame mount on a stretch cruiser with the pedals up front clearing the entire engine...

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a Lifan 90cc with full auto (intrnal CVT I believe)(it's made for an ATV) and electric start for about $170. It doesn't include carb or CDI, but those can be ordered. I think the weight on these is right around 40 lbs. The engine is about 17" long. That would be a consideration.
Here's another link to the 50cc for $200:

http://www.rnrfabrication.com/lifanengine.htm

Hello Alaskavan,
I checked out the link you posted and they have a lot of support accessories for the 50cc and up engines.....Nice......And the price looks good also.
.......thanks, quarkdude

Oh my that does look tempting.
I could....use 1st and 2nd gear in town @ 20 MPH out of town 3rd gear and 45 MPH or more. Wow thats way too tempting.

I'm measuring the opening in my bike. If it will fit, I will next try my hand at doing a gear inch conversion to check the size sprockets needed to allow climbing/putting in first and cruising 20+ MPH in second. Then getting speeding tickets for going ludicrous speed in third gear.:eek: Now I'm really drooling.

I sure hope it is 45# in shipping weight and not 45# for the engine weight since that would likely be a deal breaker for my bike.

Kep1a

My brother-in-law was getting a lot of about 6 4 wheelers from China with these engines on them. We would take them out of the crate and assemble them and the best part, have to take them for a test ride to make sure everything was adjusted the way it should be. I can tell you that the 50cc 4 stroke is very strong - my nephew has the 50cc 4 wheeler and with me on it (200lbs) it moved along at about 25 to 30 mph. We of course dialed the throttle down a bunch so he doesn't go over about 5mph. We sold some 4 wheelers that had the 110cc engines like on the link I posted and those things did almost 40mph. The fun factor meter on those was very high :D
I bet a chopper style motorized bike with one of these and a ( BOOST BOTTLE ):D:D:D would definitely get the wheels turning.
..........quarkdude

dang need cash you know what im game hey to all you think this will be a good idea to use in the spooky tooth death race 4 speed hahaha oh roland
would kill me for this idea but hey we are trying to make more of this bikes i wish i could take two chopper bicycle tires for the front and back wide but good traction

oh yeah im geting bikes for like 25 bucks like schiwwn specialized jamis and more all be puting them up soon for sale once i get more in for you all to nit pick over later

Here's what an electric start CVT one looks like sittin on your workbench.
IMG_1726_1.jpg
I think you'd have to do some radical surgery to frame mount this on an ordinary bike.

Back