A possible increase in hp?

W

woods39

I dont receive my China motor until next week. But I was thinking that if I took off my air filter and attached a computer fan in place and sealed it, do you think it would increase hp when turned on? Just thinking.......... please no criticism necessary!!!! :D

w

well i thaut of doing that but the problem is that the rpms would be high and it would blow all the dirt and junk in thare so i would keep the stock air filter i did a little tune up on my airintake i took a T shaped pvc and took 2 l joint and pointed them forward it really works and inreases air flow i would recomend that just let me know if thats whaut u wanna do ill give u the rest of the info of how to put it togeather

Re: w

jeffspeeder said:
well i thaut of doing that but the problem is that the rpms would be high and it would blow all the dirt and junk in thare so i would keep the stock air filter i did a little tune up on my airintake i took a T shaped pvc and took 2 l joint and pointed them forward it really works and inreases air flow i would recomend that just let me know if thats whaut u wanna do ill give u the rest of the info of how to put it togeather

Awesome I can imagine what you are talking about but would still appreciate directions on how to accomplish

ok but

ok but u will have to get the average size pvc tubeing and make shure its the thin wall tube and get the T or just a 2 way connector and cut a 1 2 inch peice of pvc and put 1 inch on each side it needs to be small because u know thare aint much room to do this and thare a curve joint and put it on the end of the 1 inch pvc peice sticking out of the T joint (make shure u glue it or it will raddle out) pointing to the frount of the bike and u have to cut the T joint so it will fit over the air cleaner and u have to take the air filter and point the intake part up the opposite way and take a screw and screw the pvc to the air intake it will be faster.

tell me if u did not understand and ill explain it to u

here are some pics of my intake
798_DSC00014_1.jpg

798_DSC00015_1.jpg

798_DSC00016_1.jpg

No, a fan won't work as a "blower" or "tubo" not nearly enough pressure.

Opening up the intake such as the above method may help slightly, but you will want to watch that you don't make the engine run too lean by doing so.

You may need to adjust the mixture after doing so.

i would say turn ur gas and air mixtur 1 and a half turns it should run good

O.K. conflicting reports here- I've been told that these engines don't have a mixture screw...Augi? The mixture screw would only be for idle mixture anyway.

the basic carb that the chinese engine comes with has a screw that mechanically adjusts the idle, nothing else.

mixture is adjusted by changing the position of the circlip on the main needle.

the method i show at the top i actually replaced back to normal for now it was not really any real big difference in hp but i noticed a little bit in top speed it helped i figured out. so when i fing a better looking and working mothod ill let you know

Back