A Privateer's chance of Glory on the Boards

Hi gang, I have seen a lot of bikes here referring to "Board Track Racer" and I wanted to show you mine, which I got running today.

Mine is a true drop-loop design, used by almost all early motorcycle manufacturers after 1904, which earlier had been "Diamond frames"

I had wanted to build her up to be a full motorcycle, but, after riding this bike (yet incomplete) feeling the power of the OVH exposed BTR engine, I have decided to continue to the finish as a Racer.

NOT a "Factory Racer", but instead a "Privateers" Racer, stripped down from a factory Motorcycle, hopped up, and maybe even chopped in some way, so as to be competitive on the boards. I chose not to go with the short "baloney sliced" headpipe, as so many did, as I will be on the pavement, not on the boards. Tho, surprisingly enuf, the increased compression, and efficiency of the OHV has proved to be MUCH louder than I had thought.

The bike runs really strong, accellerates harder than my flatheads do by far.

Here she is, still in bare metal.

Mike

PS the pics won't load, I'll put them in next

Board track racer

Wana Race???

Attachments

• flying ace 020.jpg
    flying ace 020.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,092
forgive my un-knowingness, but could you tell me exactly what kind of engine that is, the specs and where you got yours?

I don't want to race that big Tec, but mind if I cruise with you?

Attachments

• JLH pics 081.JPG
    JLH pics 081.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 256
Back