A question for you hard core guys.

Geno

Local time
6:36 PM
I am about to get serious about riding my motorbicycle every day. What do I need to have in the way of tools etc to keep on the bike? Any help is appreciated

I am about to get serious about riding my motorbicycle every day. What do I need to have in the way of tools etc to keep on the bike? Any help is appreciated
If you have a master link in you're chain all you really need is needle nose plyers so you can pedal home.If you're confident that you can travel great distances and are going to do so I bring tools to service the bike,engine,wheels,brakes along with certain spares like cdi,plug,inner tube or patch kit,extra batteries for lights and a charger pack for phone and such.

LOL, I've always used a coin or a flathead to pop the master link if needed. Needle-nose come in handy tho.

For my bikes I carry my trusty Leatherman Surge + bit set, a 10MM wrench (engine), a 15MM wrench (axles), kit plug tool, and a new plug. At the very least, I recommend keeping a tool that's the same size as your brake pad bolts if you have rim-grabbing brakes. Often that's just a single allen wrench.

It's always good to give your bike a once-over before any ride, making sure nothing has worked loose. Things like nuts and bolts and brake pads get loose even on a pedal bike over time, they have a real knack for moving around on a motorized bike!

Back