a reliable build / simple

I have a mag wheel bike. The thing about mag wheels is you never have to adjust or tighten spokes. Any modern sportbike has mag wheels and not spoked wheels.
8EE57B26-8CD3-41EA-AF1F-FB4CCED37F9C.jpeg

can anyone provide recommendations when going with the granite peak bike? -- Is there anything I should watch out for at the store, or are there any tools recommended to go along with the bike?

any special tips or considerations for the procedure of attaching the engine to the bike?

i was in the same boat as you (needed something to ride to school and back, also to do earns now and then)

i would build your own bike, because you can get mechanical knowledge if something goes wrong (ie if it wont start and your on the side of the road, you can get it running again). its MUCH cheaper to build your own motorized bike (fun as well) 99$ for the kit, +100-130 for the bike.
i would go for a mongoose hot shot or a huffy nel lusso (if you need something more comfortable for a longer journey, get the huffy) how mechanically knowledge are you? can you fix something if its broke?
i bought my bike used (paid 20$ for it, just had to replace the bb) and bought the kit for 99$ on ebay, there pretty much the same, just make sure it says 80cc or 66cc i would not recommend a 50cc or lower because they dont have much power( if any).
things to replace off the bat
1. the spark plug, there absolutely TRASH. PLEASE spend 3$ and get a NGK B5HS you wont regret it
2. unscrew the baffle, it will give the bike some torque and will make it LOUD.
3. not really replacing but, after your break in the engine, use 32:1, it will give it lots of go go power!!

about the granite peak, its a cheap bike, it will work, but i would do a bolt check on it. and check before you buy that the wheels are true and the brakes work. i would do a check to see if the spokes are tight. but its a bike, not a great bike, but its a bike. (for 10$ more, i would go with the huffy cranbrook, just add a front brake)

Last edited:
For an everyday commuter I would add a front shock like in my bike above with the disc brake if the bike doesn't come from factory with it. That was $70 and the origin 8 headset not sure but the bike shop guy did it for $116 next time I'll do it myself.

For an everyday commuter I would add a front shock like in my bike above with the disc brake if the bike doesn't come from factory with it. That was $70 and the origin 8 headset not sure but the bike shop guy did it for $116 next time I'll do it myself.
i mean, i ride my bike nearly everyday with ZERO suspension lol.
but, the huffy cranbrook has a springer seat. its pretty comfy, but its your money. i would go you your local Walmart and see what bikes they have.

i mean, i ride my bike nearly everyday with ZERO suspension lol.
but, the huffy cranbrook has a springer seat. its pretty comfy, but its your money. i would go you your local Walmart and see what bikes they have.
You must not have alot of potholes meanwhile I'm in Pennsylvania. There's one I forget about and always hit..

You must not have alot of potholes meanwhile I'm in Pennsylvania. There's one I forget about and always hit..
im in minnesota, theres some potholes but not much, i run my tires at 50psi (30psi if the snow gets bad)
but what we do have is LOTS OF SNOW. i had to ride in 3in of snow the past few weeks. littery no one plows the sidewalks where i live.

can anyone provide recommendations when going with the granite peak bike? -- Is there anything I should watch out for at the store, or are there any tools recommended to go along with the bike?

any special tips or considerations for the procedure of attaching the engine to the bike?
for tools i would get ( if you dont have them already)
1. allen key set metric.
2. adjustable wrenches 8in handles are a good sweet spot.
3. brake cleaner and grease (try to get lithium grease. but any will do)
4. chain oil.
5. 2 stroke oil (i like full synthetic, but regular works DO NOT RUN A 2 STROKE ENGINE WITHOUT PREMIX OIL 16:1 for brake in, 32:1 for normal running)
to mount the engine. i would get some old inner tubes and wrap the metal tube, then mount the engine. also before the first start, i would spray some oil in the cylinder to give it less metal on metal scaring.

i find having the spring steel solid fork works better on flat roads then the air/spring shock forks on roads and the air spring shocks work more well for bigger potholes and bumpy conditions though

Back