a reliable build / simple

I thought the sprockets were cheaper than that?

Aren't they even included in the kits?

whats that adapter do?

What alternatives are there to the cut up tires and bolts setup? Welding directly to the frame? Eeeek

Should I get the granite peak or the electra?

electra I think it's more solid, but then they cost more. . budget, go with granite peak.

sprocket mounting options, mount on mag wheels on the disc brake flange=best
hub adapter grips the hub not spokes = good
stock rubber+bolts (rag joint) = bad

which setup does that electra have?

stock rubber + bolts isn't a sprocket mounting option right?

Sorry for the conflation.

I'm very tempted to pickup the granite peak roadmaster, that way I can get cycling today!

This is what I've been riding.

For quite some time now.... I'm having problems where the two nuts clamp down at the base- This has caused ball bearing housing to become loosened and the handlebars to lock up a bit, unfortunately. -- Otherwise, this, has been, a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful scooter.

Could the wheels on the granite peak be replaced with wheels with better spokes? Or even a more aggressive looking tire?

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    28 KB · Views: 107
Lastly, is there a way to check the quality of the engine? It's got a single piston, so I'm not sure how a compression test would be done, but what are the chances the motor on that electra aint in prime shape'?

sorry for all the questions.

sure,, I've gone wider 2x in my Roadmaster Adventures. still could go 45mm. I have 700c x 42 now. they are much more comfy the bigger you go.
quality of 2stroke engines hmmm,, generally respected sellers you have best luck with

Well, I emailed the guy asking for $140, this is his response

"This is a used beach cruiser I picked up off a guy who's was moving to Hawaii. It didn't run when I got it if I remember correctly I think I swapped out the carburetor to get it going. Don't know how many miles on it but it does run good. It has a front hand brake and rear pedal break. Is it 2 stroke motor so you mix gas with 2 stroke oil. To start you bump start after pedaling.
If you'd like to come try it and give it a ride I can meet you at xxxx-
As far as a $140, I couldn't do that but I could do $150.
Thanks for your interest."

does this sound like a fair dealio?

Why wouldn't the engine run? These engines are virtually indestructible correct? Does it sound fishy how he doesn't remember if it ran when he got it or if he made repairs on it?

- Does it look like he has a sprocket adapter or not? Is that really a problem since the spokes are stronger on the cruiser'

Just get a 49cc Chinese ruckus clone online or a SSR lazer 5. Better yet get a running 80’s moped on Craigslist.

Do you have a class C?

It takes time to learn things about motorized bikes

Are you willing to break down on your way to school?

What is your budget?

Back