a reliable build / simple

Greggl4321

Local time
7:34 PM
What would be a good bike to start with for a reliable motorized bike build?

What would be a good bike for commuting to and from school? (Also around town?)

- I thought I heard there was a cheap bike that only weighed like 15 lbs, is this true?

-I also thought I heard there was a bike that had like a very nice front fork suspension on it at Walmart, that was worth more then the bike itself. - Can anyone comment on this issue?

Last time I was here at the forum, someone people where recommending the bike with the mag tires, is this still a good recommendation?

Now, Lastly, What about the granite peak?

Get a Mongoose Hotshot 700c if you going to use it as a commuter i like it its a nice cheap bike and good quality and a upgraded sprocket hub adapter 1 inch size for the mongoose hotshot 36 or 44 tooth your chose i suggest 36 for flat roads and a 44t for hilly roads and buy a ebay kit 120$bike 100$ kit 60$ Sprocket hub adapter 280$ total Granite peak works but there a smaller bike and you will run into issues fitting it in the frame in one way or another

I've heard it recommended to only go 26", what's that about?

So the mongoose hotshot is the way to go? Any other partakers on this claim?

For the last year and a half or so, I've gone through about 6 Razor Scooters. It seems like these are good ways to commute, but after a while the wheels wear down (Which are expensive to replace on the a5 model, I've never done so, always just have gotten a new scooter-) also, the bearings in the 'head' start to get shot out, and then there are problems with keeping tension on the nuts. If tension isn't kept on the nuts, and if it isn't synched down properly, the wheel bearing holster gets ground up in between the moving parts.... I'm at a bit of a loss for words, my mom doesn't want me throwing away my scooters anymore, I'm not sure how to fix it, or where I can get it fixed at. Does anyone have any recommendations on kick scooters, repairing kick scooters, or the longevity I'll get out of a bike as opposed to a kick scooter?

Why were people suggesting the bike with the mag wheels?

Last edited:
if you build it right and take your time you could easily get 10,000 miles on a bike as long as you don't plan on running it though rain storms everyday 26" to 29" is a long one to debate 29" run really well on roads since the slower wheel speed and more surface area on the wheels 26" are also really nice for both its really pick what you like more honestly

I think I will go with the granite peak bicycle in 26", It looks like a great bicycle!

Any advice on motors? I see some are dubbed slanted, are they all the same thing? Also, I don't see motor kits going for 120, but I see them going for around 98 with the holed sprocket included.

Man, I'm going to be having a lot of fun on this.

There is a community train that runs around town here.... yada yada, I'll spare the details, but I think I could conceivable get around at about the same speed as having to wait for the train?

Is there anything that I have to watch out for while buying the granite peak,

or is there anything else that I might want to add?

I'll probably be using the bike as a regular bicycle for some time, until I can get an engine./ Not sure if it makes sense having an engine because then I cannot use the train.

pre assembled? possibly local bike shop has built, ready to ride mb's or craigslist. but to ship a bike with engine, it's not installed bcs most sellers online aren't always bike mechanics and just want to put labels on boxes.
once you see the low quality of some parts in the kit, you'll upgrade b4 even putting the crap parts on.lol

Get the staton friction drive kit with a Honda gx35 and a mountain bike is my suggestion. It's quiet and well, its a Honda. Gregg there are complete kits on ebay from Umoto with 2 and 4 stroke but they are overpriced. I would get a 4 stroke for a commuter 49cc or under. My neighbor had a granite peak but the kickstand mount snapped off there was barely any weld. 2 Stroke HT engines have many problems from parts being made poorly mine has a problem where one of the studs that holds the clutch plate freefloats, you'll also have to tune your engine make sure you grease the clutch arm and the gears . They're kinda fun to work on but it gets annoying if you invest $250 on the Honda it will last a long time. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200632762_200632762?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Engines > Honda Horizontal Engines > 20Cc - 120Cc Honda Horizontal Engines&utm_campaign=Honda Engines&utm_content=44047&gclid=Cj0KCQiA05zhBRCMARIsACKDWjfsD88Ure0jxqKa1pQEw0qLW3Jj4RSYV55atcqKqSEaXbYT9lGqkt4aAgguEALw_wcB

Back