a reliable build / simple

the huffy has a front suspension fork, it's $99 USD, would it be a much better choice than the granite peak?

Well, I emailed the guy asking for $140, this is his response

"This is a used beach cruiser I picked up off a guy who's was moving to Hawaii. It didn't run when I got it if I remember correctly I think I swapped out the carburetor to get it going. Don't know how many miles on it but it does run good. It has a front hand brake and rear pedal break. Is it 2 stroke motor so you mix gas with 2 stroke oil. To start you bump start after pedaling.
If you'd like to come try it and give it a ride I can meet you at xxxx-
As far as a $140, I couldn't do that but I could do $150.
Thanks for your interest."

does this sound like a fair dealio?

Why wouldn't the engine run? These engines are virtually indestructible correct? Does it sound fishy how he doesn't remember if it ran when he got it or if he made repairs on it?

- Does it look like he has a sprocket adapter or not? Is that really a problem since the spokes are stronger on the cruiser'
It probably didnt run because he left fuel in the old carb (fuel turns into gel like substance after a while). It looks like a rag joint, but it should not be a problem as these engines only produce like 2hp. For 150$ its not bad. I would be suspicious of the engine. Check to see if it revs good and has some power on the mid range. And if it's good. Then buy it!

Hi i have had my Electra alum. frame bike for 12 years. I have only replaced the wheel bearings and tires. The bike has had 2 enframe engines in it and 2 different friction drive set ups. I now has a Staton friction drive with a Zenoah two stroke. Electra bikes are built strong . As far as the engine on the bike you are looking at take it for a ride and see how well it runs. Look the bike over good for any cracks if it is a alum. frame. I have not had any problems with my frame but have heard other alum. frame bikes do get cracks. If this is a steel frame bike you don't have to worry so much. Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• test 004.JPG
    test 004.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Electra Zeneoh 001.JPG
    Electra Zeneoh 001.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 112
I would like to say i have a new build that is a granite peak with a ebay engine. With the granite peak the frame is a little tight for the engine but can be done. You might have to relowcate the carb. like i did with hose and clamps it works good.The only problems i have had was with the engine head being warped and i replaced it. I used a duel pull brake lever for the two brakes it works great. I used a sprocket adapter from ebay instead of the rag joint. I moved the seat back for a better fit for me. I find the bike fun to ride but to new to know how it will hold up. Hope this is a help.

Attachments

• Granite Peak Motor Bike 001.JPG
    Granite Peak Motor Bike 001.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Granite Peak Motor Bike 003.JPG
    Granite Peak Motor Bike 003.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Granite Peak Motor Bike 004.JPG
    Granite Peak Motor Bike 004.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Granite Peak Motor Bike 002.JPG
    Granite Peak Motor Bike 002.JPG
    396.1 KB · Views: 107
I would like to say i have a new build that is a granite peak with a ebay engine. With the granite peak the frame is a little tight for the engine but can be done. You might have to relowcate the carb. like i did with hose and clamps it works good.The only problems i have had was with the engine head being warped and i replaced it. I used a duel pull brake lever for the two brakes it works great. I used a sprocket adapter from ebay instead of the rag joint. I moved the seat back for a better fit for me. I find the bike fun to ride but to new to know how it will hold up. Hope this is a help.
i agree with him. get the bike (89$ at my local walmert)
89+99$ engine kit is 188$ its only 38$ more for a brand new bike, vs a used old unknown bike that probably need a rebuild. that would be your best option.

this is a tough one, as I'm not sure if I should just have faith

My mom is recommending the Huffy Highland,

any comments on it as a bike, or as a platform for a motorized build?

this is a tough one, as I'm not sure if I should just have faith

My mom is recommending the Huffy Highland,

any comments on it as a bike, or as a platform for a motorized build?
looks like a rebadged roadmaster granite, just it has 7 speeds on the back vs 6 on the granite.
it will work, but it will be close.

does huffy make a similar bike to the Cranbrook that has a better suspsion?

What bike has the best front suspension?

Out of all the bikes talked about here, which one is the overall recommended winner?

Wondering why my moms wanted to recommend the highlander?

Love you

does huffy make a similar bike to the Cranbrook that has a better suspsion?

What bike has the best front suspension?

Out of all the bikes talked about here, which one is the overall recommended winner?

Wondering why my moms wanted to recommend the highlander?

Love you
well, there really isnt any beach cruisers that have front suspension.
the "suspension" is the ballon tires and the springer seat. you can lower them to 50psi and it will be comfortable, also the huffy has a more upright geometry so it will not hurt your back. your mom probably thinks that the suspension will help, but (your going to have to trust me on this one) it wont. its basically 2 pogo sticks strapped together and will not be as comfortable as it seems. i recommend the cranbrook. i like the look of it and it has a big springer seat. and its the second cheapest (98$ cant beat that). it will be the most convertible for you. also use commen sense when riding these things (ie DONT GO ON THE HIGHWAY) there fun, but a bike going 30mph is a haserd if not ridden properly. please use common sense. you can get hurt on these things. WEAR A HELMET.

also, im not gay but thanks for the hit.

Back