a reliable build / simple

for the 150, its a used cruiser, and questionable 2 stroke. sounds like you'll be needing to put money in it off the bat, and pissibly frustrated for couple months.
get a new bike for basic riding now, THEN get a new kit that's fresh and only need to break in and tune. that's lowest initial investment and you don't take on someone else's problems

whatever u end up getting, lots help here! question, how tall are you? road bikes stand higher, bars more forward, crusers sit lower more relaxed body position

6ft,

think I've got it narrowed down to the Cranbrook or granite peak

will use the bike, carry it on a train, bus, without motor for some time

Last edited:
actually, the nel lusso is quite sturdy as much so that ppl have built 212cc Lussos. they have widest rims of those 3. can't speak for the spokes tho you don't pick this bike for it's spokes. granite peak will have thinnest rims and spokes but it's a multi speed good for regular cycling until you get it motorized

actually, the nel lusso is quite sturdy as much so that ppl have built 212cc Lussos. they have widest rims of those 3. can't speak for the spokes tho you don't pick this bike for it's spokes. granite peak will have thinnest rims and spokes but it's a multi speed good for regular cycling until you get it motorized
Nel Lusso is a very weak frame, they are notorious for breaking right where the rear rack is mounted.

maybe those guys with big engines don't ride their beasts much. just heard the hoopla that they did it and "Look what I got..."
that's sad

If your looking for a bike to pedal power for now and motorize later, look at the huffy 7speed Parkside. I have considered getting one myself, looks like a nice bike and a good platform for a motorized commuter bike.

IMHO the granite offers little room for a motor and an uncomfortable riding position, the cruiser bikes mentioned will require some effort and $ to add brakes.

The extra $50 upfront for the Parkside is money well spent.

Back