A Ride on my Push Trailer

One thing I really like about your setup is your jackshaft. Changing the gear ratios wouldn't be too difficult. You could almost make any ratio you wanted.

That trailer looks like FUN!!! I'm wanting to build a motorized bicycle, but I REALLY like the idea of a trailer! hmm.....

IMO a trailer would be great because you can carry stuff with it, that you normally can't carry on a bicycle. Also it's 4 strokes, so no need to mix fuel. How many miles per gallon does it get?

I dont know what I get for miles yet I havent driven it that much yet but i hope to as soon as it warms up it is still a little to cold here in the northeast

These kind of speeds invite unwelcome attention from the LAW,with these things you can get a lot of oomph,and have a ball while it lasts or end up killing yourself and may be some innocents.And when they clamp down, as is surely going to happen, as these trailers become more popular, we're ALL going to get screwed.

A couple questions....
Where did you find a 10 tooth 3/4 clutch?

So far mfgsupply.com has the best prices....Any other good places to buy parts?

I am making a parts list to start building one of these and plan on using a 12t clutch...to a 13t/13t jackshaft and then a 40t on the wheel to make a 3.33 gear ratio.

edit....bigbearingstore has some good prices on sprockets and chain...

Last edited:
I got the 10 tooth clutch from Northern Tool and i got the bearings from the bigbearingstore.

A couple more questions...
Did you make the solid seat post?
I noticed that my seat post bottle necks down to about 7/8ths inch.

What did you use to hook up the throttle cable to the engine?
I watched the youtube videos of the guy race prepping the 6.5 and he uses a throttle kit.

Last edited:
I have to congratulate you once again, it's a very well built trailer. One of the best builds I have seen.

Got any pictures of your whole bicycle fleet? You sure are building quite a collection.

Gen3Benz
I do have a solid seat post I had it made at my daughters tec.school and as far as the throttle I have it hooked up with a wire clamp it is kind of mickey moused but it works if you want a pic just let me know.

Back