A Side Project

AutOtaku

I'm sure a 66/80cc bike engine with a few upgrades (head, carb, jets, etc.) should pull this chopper along, the original engine was a 49cc and it got me up to probably around 15-18mph, maybe faster considering I was smaller then. I've got a fairly (what I believe) simple plan that ill draw out tomorrow and post a pic of

AutOtaku

Got the fake V twin pulled out and also got the gear pulled off the old gear reduction transmission that i will be using on the jackshaft i make. Looking at the gas tank, i may try and use the original so i can keep the fake chrome tank on the bike but it has no shut off valve and i would have to tap into the bottom of the tank the fuel line
Mini Chop Teardown6.jpg
Mini Chop Teardown5.jpg

AutOtaku

So after some thinking, I've figured im going to go all out on this little engine and upgrade every area: top, bottom, port, matched, fuel, exhaust, intake, and spark. Anouther thought i had after i've put a few good miles on my bike is to try and fab up a jackshaft kit and retrofit the parts from a bicycle.....

stay tuned.....

AutOtaku

Wow its been a f*cking while. Anyway, The bug has bit me again to start working on this thing again (3 years and one degree later). I went and got most of the Chopper's frame prepped for fabrication (I didnt take any pictures this time :( ). I got most of the wiring removed as well as I will not be using it. Anyway, here is a diagram that I've drawn up. I may have to revise things like the engine mounts and "Floor" component. As for the part labelled "Axle", I was thinking of using one of the china girl clutch sprockets (the one that you hook the chain to) and its corresponding nut and key. I was wondering however if anyone knows the inside diameter of the nut that holds said sprocket in place as that would determine what size rod i would use to make the "Axle" 86358

Street Ryderz

Wow its been a f*cking while. Anyway, The bug has bit me again to start working on this thing again (3 years and one degree later). I went and got most of the Chopper's frame prepped for fabrication (I didnt take any pictures this time :( ). I got most of the wiring removed as well as I will not be using it. Anyway, here is a diagram that I've drawn up. I may have to revise things like the engine mounts and "Floor" component. As for the part labelled "Axle", I was thinking of using one of the china girl clutch sprockets (the one that you hook the chain to) and its corresponding nut and key. I was wondering however if anyone knows the inside diameter of the nut that holds said sprocket in place as that would determine what size rod i would use to make the "Axle" View attachment 86358
You may want to check out Stanton Inc for the gears and axle shaft,pillow blocks or bearings in a 5/8th dia are most commen and pretty cheap.I made this one with parts from them and made my own bearing housing out of old bike frame (steel) for the same type setup.

Attachments

AutOtaku

Thank you for the resource. One of the reasons I was thinking of fabing up my own is because the part I have labelled "Trans. Sprocket" was the sprocket that came off the original torque converter that was on the engine this frame started out with. As fate would have it, the original chain is of T8F size where as the China Girl chain is 415.......I also already tried to see if i could flip the tire around and fab the break up some how but to no avail