A solution for tube punctures?

IMO, I think Kelvar is a marketing ploy. People think oh Kelvar it stops a bullet so it should stop a nail or punctures. But, Kelvar works on high "blunt" bullet head impact force versus punctures are sharp slower and lower force impact. You will see that the high priced road and mountain bike tires from historical and premium bicycle tire makers do not have Kelvar but their own proprietary puncture technology.

With tubeless tires being the best from what I've seen on puncture test. Yes, if you had to have puncture protection a Kelvar tire is better than a default Walmart tire with limited to no puncture protection. I have a crap Walmart tire and use a high thread count liner (Mr. Tuffy) and a sealant tube on the rear and have been fine. I guess what I am saying is that there is much more to puncture technology than just Kelvar and I am sure it is debatable if a Kelvar tire or a regular tire with a liner and sealant is better. But, if you have the money go for a premium tubeless tire; the puncture test on those things are nuts with 1/4" nails and slashing the tire being sealed almost immediately.

High thread-count doesnt matter much the more mileage you put on the bicycle tire.
And furthermore, I highly doubt there's any bicycle tire that can handle mileage like a vehicle Tire can.
it doesn't matter where you get the bicycle tire, it could be Walmart it could be your local bicycle shop or it could be Bicycle World but the bottom line is the more miles you put on a bicycle tire the weaker it becomes.

Tubeless tires require one piece wheels, and (or) if used with spoked wheels a lot of expensive extras like special rim tapes, welded, tubeless compatible rims, a special sealant and keeping a close eye on the tire pressure. Adding tubeless to your average bike will add at least 200~300 dollars in just extra parts alone, not including the pair of wheels being rebuilt Patching a punctured bicycle tubeless isn't even as easy as a tubeless moto or car tire. Save your money, Mr. Tuffy tire protection strips and Kevlar belts are still far cheaper.

I already said that scroll up.

You said tubes made with Kevlar, unless you meant to say tires with a Kevlar belting. Because there are no tubes made with Kevlar. There are tubes filled with Slime, (YUCK!) and tube protectors like Mr Tuffy, ( which BTW are not made of Kevlar, they are a special, super flexible, high density polyurethane that can stop sharp objects from cutting or puncturing the tube. Mr. Tuffys has been around since the late 1980's, we sold a ton of them at our bike shop. Kevlar tire belting have just been available since about 2010.

Yeah, tubeless is costly but the results are amazing. In any case, I think people have different opinions about puncture protection. From my experience and after researching different solutions at various price points, I like Mr Tuffy tire liners and a sealant tube in the rear tire and the same for the front or only a tire liner. This is very cost effective ~$15-20 for the liners and $12 for the sealant tube.

There also is a tape made for HVAC ducts and what they use to build return ducts...
It's an aluminum tape. You could also line the inside of your tire with it. It flexes and would stay in place. I'm planning on trying that when I buy a new back tire. Put that between your Kevlar strip and tire. Put tube in slightly aired up and mount on rim. Bet it would work well.

Back