A "Specialty Shop" for High-End Enthusiasts?

Should M-B.c build a special section for radical rides?

• Total voters
some very good points, george, and no offense is taken at all. your input is the kind of stuff we want and don't get enuff of...we're doing our best as evolution takes place...we're still measuring our age in number of weeks, someday i hope to be able to say we kept it together for 15 years.

moddy volunteers are needed, btw...

OK heres how I see it. I do not see a need for a builders corner now or ever. This is supposed to be a comunity where people share a love for motorized bikes weather they are new to the hobby or have been in it for years. We should be inspired by someone who knows the hobby, has built several bikes and God forbid "eye candy". With every build I do (and I've done several) I try to do somthing diffrent and better than the last one. I draw ideas from other bikes that I've seen as well as my original ideas. We should openly share our bikes and ideas and NOT belittle someone for having more than someone else. Learn from experience and for Gods sake chill out and work together...Kelly

I voted "If we build it, they'll show up".

I built this board to grow, and welcome all sorts of motor-bicycle enthusiasts. I was considering making another forum called something along the lines of "Totally Mad Custom Tricked Chopper Talk" for people to discuss technical help with modifying/creating custom bike frames, or different styles, new ideas, etc.

This would just be a single forum under the "Other Issues" category, and in no way would split the group. From my standpoint, it would help maintain the content of this forum in an organized manner. Bottom line. The only reason we have different forums is to keep the board organized. If we had just one forum where you posted everything, it would be very cluttered and impossible to find anything.

If we made this new forum, anyone could still post any topics anywhere. Good old General Discussion would still be General Discussion. I don't see a split of the members or rivalry arising from this decision.

I enjoy the hanging out in the garage thing we've got going on here, but I also enjoy the efforts of the "artists" out there as inspiration. Setting up a space for them might save me the bucks that I currently spend on the motorcycle magazines I use to keep the fuze burning. Not like these guys are going to get a lot of exposure anywhere else, these are "our" builders I voted to give them a spot.- Edward

My vote is, keep it simple. I see builders corner in every category on here, granted, those with exceptional ability to fabricate frames and concepts beyond kit installation are important for the evolution of the designs, if a new area or heading will focus the resource than add it, if it will dilute wait until it is necessary. My 2 cents.

wheels

I voted "build it and they will come" because it is better to have a foundation in anticipation, and adapt it as necessary, rather than get in some sort of political stance where folks have to make a red/blue choice.

If there is a "saloon" flavor wanted, well, theres pool and darts for the old farts, and video for the genXYZ's.

And, from a "shepherd" point of view, there is no sense thinking one size fits all, or that one corral can fit all the needs. I sold my cattle herd when I figured out that a one ton bull could smash the best built goat facility with an unintentional push, simply scratching an itch, he could tear up a gate.

You have the pasture- which is the general area, all members grazing. Picture galleries, bikes, tires, traveling, etc.

You have the corral-
where the group can gather on topics, be sorted. Chain, friction, belt, other.

You have the chute and head catcher- where specific problems are addressed, while the rest of the herd grazes calmly. Hi-end and basic transportation.

You have the isolation pens, where sick animals are held until cured, sold or buried. Thats the Technical area.

You don't run out and chase everything in the pasture everytime there is one little problem or debate, else the whole herd gets spooky.

There is chain drive, friction drive and belt drive. Then there will be front mounted recumbents. Certain manufacturers like eBikes out of Germany will be moving into Toys R Us, Wal Mart bankrupted an Alabama group when they were planning on offering motorbikes, then backed out because of liability concerns, after the bamaboys had invested millions in plant development.

So things are going to come and go, INCLUDING ENTIRE COMPANIES AND SYSTEMS, so it is better to have all the alternatives setup ahead of time.

Think ahead, and by differentiating from the get go, specific things are dealt with in the specific areas, and general things are dealt with in the Main Forum.

Thanks Bama......now I understand when Dad used to say "you dont crap then dig the hole" thats the clean way of sayin it

daveinblythe said:
Remember WE not I are the onlyones that can make this work.
very good point, that's why this community discussion is taking place...

Back