A True Test of Customer Service

HumanPerson ... that is an awesome offer (and nice to meet you as well!)... I think we should hold off a little. I'll be able to test my work tomorrow morning (it's been SOOOO HOT).... and I suspect all will be fine.

I am an optimist, however!

:)

As for the negotiations with the folks at Grubee... it's not going so well. Don has been a nice guy... but has subtly hinted at my intelligence (and not in the good way)... very subtly but it was there... and sure... i'll even agree. I'm an idiot. Does that change the fact that I followed the included instructions (Because what do idiots do? They follow instructions!) to the T and the result is the result?

BTW... Does Grubee have an account here? I'm thinking it would only be fair to invite him in (or at the very least simply make him aware of this thread). I mean, there are two sides to every story and the man should be able to express his side as well...

HumanPerson ... that is an awesome offer (and nice to meet you as well!)... I think we should hold off a little. I'll be able to test my work tomorrow morning (it's been SOOOO HOT).... and I suspect all will be fine.

I am an optimist, however!

:)
You better take those wheels before he ships them to me.

Ok, here are some pics of the wheel and sprocket and the sprocket and hub attachment.

I was wrong it isnt a double wall rim. it's and evo etour rim with 12g spokes.

IMG_20220905_153638 - Copy.jpg

1662407679957.jpeg

What do you think of this setup for a rear wheel? Seems like the cat's meow. Cassette can be changed to any # of sprockets.
20220831_112521-jpg.179403

OK... had time to take her out this morning. All seems to be working as intended. We'll see. Since the damn thing is working (albeit a little more permanent than original)... I've decided not to take this dispute to the next level. FWIW, I am 100% certain if I disputed the charge with my credit card, I'd win based on the evidence. That said, I was never looking for someting for nothing. I was looking to be whole again... nothing more.

Since it looks like I managed to get close to whole I'm OK. That said, I still can not with good conscience ... recommend Grubee because of this displute. I also hope that they change their included instruction to indicate ALL necessary steps required to lock down their sprocket... but I'm not holding my breath based on the communications I've had.

That about covers it.

OK... had time to take her out this morning. All seems to be working as intended. We'll see. Since the damn thing is working (albeit a little more permanent than original)... I've decided not to take this dispute to the next level. FWIW, I am 100% certain if I disputed the charge with my credit card, I'd win based on the evidence. That said, I was never looking for someting for nothing. I was looking to be whole again... nothing more.

Since it looks like I managed to get close to whole I'm OK. That said, I still can not with good conscience ... recommend Grubee because of this displute. I also hope that they change their included instruction to indicate ALL necessary steps required to lock down their sprocket... but I'm not holding my breath based on the communications I've had.

That about covers it.
You are a stand-up guy Frizzle. Thanks for the ride!

Back