Abandonment

OK, the new build is an abandoned mini bike, but this one has a rear swing arm and shocks and springs. I'll make more post as the progress comes along.

Attachments

• frame01.jpg
    frame01.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 4,032
A little exhaust bending experiment. I used by band saw and made many slices through the pipe at a controlled depth. Then I just bent the pipe in my vise. I'm going to use the angle grinder next, see if I can cut some angles out of the pipe to help it close the gaps up faster.

Attachments

• IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 200
A little exhaust bending experiment. I used by band saw and made many slices through the pipe at a controlled depth. Then I just bent the pipe in my vise. I'm going to use the angle grinder next, see if I can cut some angles out of the pipe to help it close the gaps up faster.
Yes, that looks like an experiment. Can't ya just pick op a 90* at the hardware store?
You guys will do anything when ya have cabin fever. LOL

I have to go 90 then 30 and then 30 again all on the same piece. When I do it with the grinder and weld it up, it'll look beautiful. Besides, the wife will say why don't you sell that welder if I don't use it.
And I like to build stuff.

Took your advice Wrench, and bought some hardware store bends. Dug an old muffler out of the cyclekart spare parts bin and made a muffler.
A little VHT high temp muffler paint, looks almost OEM, ha ha.

Attachments

• muff1.jpg
    muff1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 187
  • muff2.jpg
    muff2.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 189
  • muff3.jpg
    muff3.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 182
Now I have to back pedal a bit, found another gas tank in a box of parts. So, I'm going to rebuild the frame to accept the new tank, more capacity than the little MB tank and plastic, won't rust.

Attachments

• gas1.jpg
    gas1.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 170
That turned out pretty good. You should of been a Plumber. LOL
Nice work, I like to build (invent) things too. We never know until we try.
I see ya found another reason to use your welder. Rebuild Frame to accept gas tank NICE.

Just a suggestion - Header Paint to make your exhaust pipe black.
Like you haven't already thought of that.

I've found that the VHT high temp paint in aluminum color doesn't fade or burn off, the black seems to turn grey to me. Did you notice the chrome tip? Closet bar.

I've found that the VHT high temp paint in aluminum color doesn't fade or burn off, the black seems to turn grey to me. Did you notice the chrome tip? Closet bar.
Now I see the Chrome tip. Nice
Closet Bar? Where ya gonna hang your clothes? LOL
What ya think about cutting the end of your chrome tip on an angle?

Back