Abandonment

OK, the new build is an abandoned mini bike, but this one has a rear swing arm and shocks and springs. I'll make more post as the progress comes along.

Attachments

• frame01.jpg
    frame01.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 4,032
10" wheels but swing arm suspension in the rear. The PO had a 3 horse on there that he blew up, I think he ran it dry. With the new B&S 212 and clutch (TAV) it's going to rip. NOT A KIDS BIKE ANYMORE!

I put the handlebars and grips on, connected the throttle and worked on the seat. Still have to weld that up, or the framework at least. Then figure out what the cover will be.

Attachments

• IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 231
Got the framework for the seat all cut out, weld her up tomorrow. Then I can work on the tin and foam.

Attachments

• seatf.jpg
    seatf.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 214
Got the seat frame all welded together, even with my new to me but very used welder.

Attachments

• seatf01.jpg
    seatf01.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 163
Seat frame with attached mounting bracket and wood for the leather. I drilled the holes and test fit the wood, I'll swap out the bolts for T nuts and screw it all together from underneath.

Attachments

• seatf2.jpg
    seatf2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 199
  • seaf3.jpg
    seaf3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 193
Don't let that scare you, it's not going to be that way for long. That pipe is just keeping dust out, not even bolted down. Besides, I don't want my nads to be that warm.

That exhaust pipe right underneath the prone to failure tank mounting bolts is scaring me.

I put the handlebars and grips on, connected the throttle and worked on the seat. Still have to weld that up, or the framework at least. Then figure out what the cover will be.
That's gonna be a cool little scoot ya got there

I got a little bit more done on the seat. Covered it in 3 different foams, now it's ready for the leather cover, which I'll get done in the next couple days.
Used some 3M foam fast to glue it all down with.

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 209
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 177
  • seat3.jpg
    seat3.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 189
  • seat4.jpg
    seat4.jpg