About To Build A Monster

C

cory

About To Build A WHIZZER MONSTER

Cory here, new to MBc and wanted to intoduce myself. Purchased a Whizzer kit from R Westman at Woodstock Whizzer last week to drop into a cruiser I hope to modify into a board tracker. Mr Westmans is an old gear head and Whizzer Wizard from the 50s. He starts at the crank and ends up at the head. Manufactures all of his own parts including cast iron cylinder and oversized finned Aluminum head. Cant wait for the motor to get here. Does anyone know how I can get a more appropriate frame for this board track bike. Modifing the Firestone Fleetwing I have will be a challenge. Would be alot easier if I had a pre fabed board tracker frame to put the motor on. Oh did I mention Mr Westmans motors push a stock Whizzer at 62mph!!!! (PLEASE HELP ME FIND A BOARD TRACKER FRAME)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it right the first time?

First of all thank you for responding. Thats what it comes down to every time I look at the bikes silouhette and see I need more drop in the down tube and more overall length to the wheel base. Talking to Ralph Westman at Woodstock Whizzer we figured the best way for me to work this would be to mill out steel slugs to fit the id of the tube and leave it 1" for the span to match the od. Just have to figure out which one of my ideas I want to use to jig up the frame so I can work on it. Purchased a bullet proof motor, probably shouldnt skimp on the frame. Thanks again for the name, Cory...

Glad you found the MBc tribe. Check out the Whizzer section. THere is a lot of information and your post go directly to the ones who populate the board.
Welcome from the Giant Side of Texas!

Thank you for the welcome!

Not sure why I started to get interested in motorized bicycles. Have alot of motorcycles but after I saw what you guys were welding up I had to look into it more. After seing some of the board track configurations I knew I was hooked, and after finding someone who could hot rod a Whizzer motor kit and make it bullet proof knew it was time to start gathering parts.

Thanks Folks!

Its nice to be welcomed. Waiting for all my parts, will send pics after I start letting the sparks fly. Good strong bike to start with (Firestone Fleetwing).

Back