About to make my orders for first build, just a few questions.

So, ZAE80 rod means = GT-5 and 38mm stroke crank, is that correct?
(The only contrary info I have is that the eBay listing said 40mm stroke, and it came with an A-80 manual.)
Thank you!
Yes correct,Their specs are alittle whacky and not very accurate,Any A 80 I've seen so far anyway has the ZL non heat treated rod.

Yes correct,Their specs are alittle whacky and not very accurate,Any A 80 I've seen so far anyway has the ZL non heat treated rod.
Street ryderz what will the benefits be if i change the rod on my a80 ? She is running great . and i have the bbr mag wheels on the way but definitely looking for more off the line power

Street ryderz what will the benefits be if i change the rod on my a80 ? She is running great . and i have the bbr mag wheels on the way but definitely looking for more off the line power
Did you verify what rod was in it? Changing the rod is not an easy task,the big end pin has to be pressed out and then reassembled making sure the two halfs are square and true.If the rod and bearings are good witch I'd think they are just use it until it needs to be rebuilt,changing the rod wont give any real gain in bottom end.

Back