About to start my first build. What should I know ahead of time?

You should also invest in a sprocket adapter. Costs more but usually worth it. Saves you allot of trouble compared to those stock sprocket mounts. Sprocket adapters clamp up directly to the hub as opposed to clamping down on the spokes. Sprocket adapters can range between $25 to $70. The $25 adapter I got is basically three parts that hook up to the hub via hose clamp to make it easier to center the sprocket. To make leveling my sprocket easier I was thinking of going with metal 1 to 2 inch cylindrical spacers for the bolts so I wont need to use the rag joints that come with the kit & would be way less stress on my spokes.

You should also invest in a sprocket adapter. Costs more but usually worth it. Saves you allot of trouble compared to those stock sprocket mounts. Sprocket adapters clamp up directly to the hub as opposed to clamping down on the spokes. Sprocket adapters can range between $25 to $70. The $25 adapter I got is basically three parts that hook up to the hub via hose clamp to make it easier to center the sprocket. To make leveling my sprocket easier I was thinking of going with metal 1 to 2 inch cylindrical spacers for the bolts so I wont need to use the rag joints that come with the kit & would be way less stress on my spokes.

Please post a pic of said adapter. Thanks.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I highly advise against that one, unless you ignore the instructions and use the rubber that comes with the default adapter. The problem is, that hose clamp isn't good enough to prevent it from spinning on the hub. The only real benefit with that hub adapter is it makes it easier to align the sprocket.
I just use one of these to center my sprockets..
61-bs+gq4lL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Back