Ac compressor to 2 stroke motor

G

Guest-260253

Would it be possible to turn a mid 90's Dodge Dakota 7 cylinder AC compressor to a 2 stroke engine? As ignition a v8 cap and rotor without one wire. An adapter plate would have to be fabricated with a coupler shaft for some type of transmission, exhaust ports etc milled and exhaust mounts tig welded. Also new cylinder head and other parts fabricated. 32:1 synthetic 2 stroke mix, and single carburetor. What is your ideas? I have seen a 3 cylinder version of this on youtube working so theoretically a 7 cyl will work.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Not the best of ideas.
A 7 cylinder engine with an 8 cylinder distributor?

So there are 7 small pistons inside that ac pump? I think you'd have to rig up your own ignition system cause a 8 wire cap with one wire removed would have a gap in the spark timing and the first cylinder would fire early and the last cylinder would fire late or something weird.

Swashplate engines have been tried before, as far back as 1906:

You might get it to run, after investing a few hundred hours and a couple thousand dollars, and far be it from me to say it can't be done, but you'd be wasting your time.

Swashplate engines have been tried before, as far back as 1906:

You might get it to run, after investing a few hundred hours and a couple thousand dollars, and far be it from me to say it can't be done, but you'd be wasting your time.
All that and who's to say the whole thing will be able to deliver any kind of torque.

The only thing holding back electric vehicles are the battery. Turning magnets is easy. All this extra computing and auto pilot s**t on Tesla's is to add cost. An electric car can be made cheaper than gas cars except the battery. Once we have a transmittable power source or some super batteries or mini reactors or zero point energy, we'll finally be free.

Back