acccumulating stuff

Things are starting to come together. I bought a Mongoose MGX off-road bike for $5.00 with a good front spring fork that will fit my Huffy Cranbrook frame and today I found some 26" bike wheels and tires with a coaster brake, 12 ga. spokes, and almost new whitewall tires for $28.. Now I have to come up with a chunk of ally to machine a hub-clamp mount for a rear sprocket. The fork brake has a nice hole in the middle I can put the front fender bracket on I can't decide whether to go with the 4 HP Lawnboy 2-stroke or the 5-1/2 HP HFT sloper OHV 4-stroke. Also whether to use the Comet VST or just a centrifugal clutch. There is also a 100CC Guazzoni go kart engine with a centrifugal clutch that pumps out 8-1/2 HP and 15K RPM.
The only problem there is it is a vertical and I think it may be the only one in the US, thus no replacement parts. It was a sample brought in by a famous outboard racer, Bill Tinney to test the waters about selling them
dnut.gif

Bigger is generally better (in this case) so as long as the frame doesn't split.

If that Cvt (I'm assuming you meant that as opposed to vst) is a manual clutch go with that. I only prefer manuals since they don't take off into the woods by themselves, they are less a problem when an engine malfunctions and starts roaring out of control, and lastly they just feel so so good.

I've not seen a vertical drive shaft yet on a motorized bike, but I would assume the gearbox is sized large enough to handle the power, and finding a place for it can be difficult, and adds another place to fail, plus extra weight.

Back