Add a decompression valve without modifying your engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
To what does it give? A compression release? I don’t understand how that would be applicable. We’re using engines to propel ourselves forward! No combustible stuffs, no power

I think they are doing it just to do it. Unless your less than 50lbs and have insanely increased compression one would never need this. Maybe one of them has made a little kick start or they are using a recoil with an absurdly short rope? Actually is there a legit reason that anyone has that's doing this?

A compression release. Is what it is, lot of chainsaws have them, but you have to drill and tap the head, for that kind...........Curt

A lot of bigger chainsaws with higher compression and no rolling pedal start have them yes. Small saws don't have these.

Yep, a lot not all! Some guys started using them on the forum, but not haven't heard much about them till now. ..............Curt

Whether you need it or not it still would be cool. I've never read of anything like "my tire just skid whenever i let out the clutch and it wouldn't start" I wonder if a person could run a cable to the handle bars and hit the kill switch and decompression lever and have sort of an engine brake.

Last edited:
From to much compression? It was it other bad things lol.
Yeah. If I wasn't going fast enough it would skid or slip the clutch. It was because of an improperly designed head from Zeda motorsports. Think the chamber was 44mm or something. No physical contact until the small end bearing went bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back