Add a decompression valve without modifying your engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefuchs

Local time
11:43 PM
I invented this idea in my head earlier today, only to find that someone else has already made it. It allows you to use your spark plug opening for double duty, adding decompression capability.

Hba45qR.jpg

Here's the source:
http://smccycles.com/catalog/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=305

It's very expensive. I added my decompression valve for about $15 by drilling and tapping my head cover. If you have one of those cool cnc head covers, it may not be an option.

To be honest, I don't know if this fits an HT engine, but I love the concept.

I see, and now i want, and now i'm making a credit card purchase.

Just beautifully designed compression release systems.

I thank both of you for bringing these beautifully designed compression release solutions to my attention.

Another option would be to buy a twin-plug head (also expensive) and put your decompression valve in one of the spark plug locations.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Here's a twin head that also has a built-in valve. I just read that you should not use the second spark plug hole as a valve location because the remaining plug will not be in a good location for firing as a single plug. I'm no expert. Just something I read.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14087871647...ries&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item20cd069e37&vxp=mtr

That's one of Fred's. He's a seller here and the other site and will be coming out with a decompression port head.
http://www.shop.crmachine.com/Cylinder-Heads_c15.htm

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I invented this idea in my head earlier today, only to find that someone else has already made it. It allows you to use your spark plug opening for double duty, adding decompression capability.

It's wild, you'd be hard pressed to find any truly new ideas.When my bro was 15 he thought he invented turning headlights, then read in an encyclopedia that Mercedes Benz did it in the 40's.
Very cool idea that never crossed my mind, make a 2-stroke have an easy pull start.

It's wild, you'd be hard pressed to find any truly new ideas.When my bro was 15 he thought he invented turning headlights, then read in an encyclopedia that Mercedes Benz did it in the 40's.

I know this is seriously off-topic, but there exists a school of thought that there is more to our world and more to our existence than just a 3 dimensional world with the individuals thoughts isolated from others by the uniqueness of individualism, DNA and the privacy of the mind.

Some say that there are no individual thoughts and information collectively flows through the human species at a level outside of our 3 dimensional world.
It's a massively hard concept to grapple with and i struggle to accept that it could even have any truth, but there doesn't seem to be any level of unique invention attributable to the individual, because when researched, there's always someone or a group of people that have come up with ideas or concepts previously developed or discussed at an earlier time.

When you have your eureka moment; waking up in the middle of the night; thinking to yourself - that's it, i've come up with a world changing invention, is it really you, or more to the point, your mind that has created, as an isolated entity and completely on it's own, a ground breaking idea or conceptual technology never thought of before.

If the concept of "time" or the "progression through time" is stripped away so that there is no "yesterday and no "tomorrow", where does the concept of "the process of thought" start and stop; when there is no barrier to the notion of having to wait for tomorrows invention, because it's all just sitting there waiting to be accessed by your mind trapped in a 3 dimensional world and body.

It's way, way off-topic, and it's a idea that's just too hard to even grapple with.

Now i'm just waiting to wake up in the middle of the night for my eureka moment, but i suspect that when i happens it will not prove to be a unique idea; never thought of before.

I LOVE philosophical off-topic!Not a hard to grapple subject, just have to have an open mind.
At a Rainbow Gathering I met a dude that went by "Whitehat", his take was "The eyes of the Ancients".He said from tiny one celled all the way to us we all have the collective knowledge, if we could just remove the filters.Needless to say his third-eye was well squeegeed.
My take is "The Last Supper" time exists in one big picture, but because of how were made we see stills, like looking at the last supper one centimeter slice at a time.Stand back and you see it's all happening/happened.Another take, I'm a music guy and someone said "all the music is there, it's up to us to pick it out".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back