Adding an extension gas tank?

Local time
7:34 AM
The gas tank on my Honda GX50 is very small, so I bought a 3l motorized bicycle tank to help it out. I was wondering if instead of removing the fuel line from the engine and completely replacing the gas tank with the 3l I could just drill a tiny hole in the factory gas tank and glue my fuel line from the larger tank into that hole.

That way I would get 3l + the 0.6l that the stock tank has instead of just 3l. Will this cause venting issues? Or this is an okay thing to do?

Just do a T, with a valve to shut off the extra tank when not needed, and turn off the factory tank when not needed. The fuel pump should be able to pump from the peanut tank if not sucking from the stock tank.

Oh and they have seat post barrel tanks, have you looked at those? It would put the external tank behind your seat.

That way I would get 3l + the 0.6l that the stock tank has instead of just 3l. Will this cause venting issues? Or this is an okay thing to do?
Not a good idea. It will siphon the 3l tank into the other and spill all over the place.
A Karl said, a valve is needed with a T at the carb feed.

Back