Additional Mounting and Vibration Reduction Tips - Please Provide Feedback THX

Hello. I wanted to share some "tips" on how I stabilized and reduced vibrations on my 66cc 2-stroke motorized bike. I think this will help those who cannot use the U mounts or want additional mounts. It seems excessive vibration causes a lot of issues such as low speeds, cannot ride bike above X speeds, bubbles in carb bowl, electrical breakdown, and etc. Note, I am a relative newbie (2 months) and appreciate some criticism or feedback. :rolleyes:

1. Large hose clamps to support mounts - I bought 2 large hose clamps and wrapped them around the two mount areas. I tightened it using a screwdriver and then used a wrench with a screwdriver to apply max tension. The hose clamps are very strong and I feel they will last a long time. I like this tip the best as in case the mounts fail (bolts, nuts); the hose clamps are more than enough to operate the bike. Total cost = $4 (2 for each from Menards) Nice insurance right :helmet:

View attachment 59436

2. Horizontal bar across upper chain side of engine - I noticed that obviously the engine vibrates more near the top of the engine rather than at the mounts. I didn't like the vibration and how it affects the carburetor so I placed a single non-bendable, high quality metal bar across the top of the engine and mounted the ends to the bike frame. To hide the unsightly bar, I placed the chain guard but a nice piece of metal cover would also do or you could just not hide it. I attached the bar to the bike using hose clamps and high tension from the bar. Additionally, I am not sure if this is entire true, but I think it helps dissapate heat better from the engine due to head transfer to large bar and then attaching metal. Total cost = $5 ($2 for bar $3 for clamps)

View attachment 59435

Well, that is it. I would love to hear what fellow motorized bikers think or if there some catastrophe I do not foresee. Note, there are different type of hose clamps with varying strength and costs. :geek:
What size clamps did you use

dont do this. but if you do just get the largest and return it if it doesn't fit.
I get the feeling that in the 5 years since this thread opened, you've gained a lot of experience. I just picked up my first MB this weekend, and man, its fun, but there's so many things wrong.
I live in a very hilly area, so the front only V-brakes did not last long, though I don't think they were in great shape in the first place. but at WOT going anything faster than 20 or 25, the vibration shakes the whole bike.

Hello. I wanted to share some "tips" on how I stabilized and reduced vibrations on my 66cc 2-stroke motorized bike. I think this will help those who cannot use the U mounts or want additional mounts. It seems excessive vibration causes a lot of issues such as low speeds, cannot ride bike above X speeds, bubbles in carb bowl, electrical breakdown, and etc. Note, I am a relative newbie (2 months) and appreciate some criticism or feedback. :rolleyes:

1. Large hose clamps to support mounts - I bought 2 large hose clamps and wrapped them around the two mount areas. I tightened it using a screwdriver and then used a wrench with a screwdriver to apply max tension. The hose clamps are very strong and I feel they will last a long time. I like this tip the best as in case the mounts fail (bolts, nuts); the hose clamps are more than enough to operate the bike. Total cost = $4 (2 for each from Menards) Nice insurance right :helmet:

View attachment 59436

2. Horizontal bar across upper chain side of engine - I noticed that obviously the engine vibrates more near the top of the engine rather than at the mounts. I didn't like the vibration and how it affects the carburetor so I placed a single non-bendable, high quality metal bar across the top of the engine and mounted the ends to the bike frame. To hide the unsightly bar, I placed the chain guard but a nice piece of metal cover would also do or you could just not hide it. I attached the bar to the bike using hose clamps and high tension from the bar. Additionally, I am not sure if this is entire true, but I think it helps dissapate heat better from the engine due to head transfer to large bar and then attaching metal. Total cost = $5 ($2 for bar $3 for clamps)

View attachment 59435

Well, that is it. I would love to hear what fellow motorized bikers think or if there some catastrophe I do not foresee. Note, there are different type of hose clamps with varying strength and costs. :geek:
These r sum Ideas Going to try on my next build. Adding Inner tube Or part of a old Tire Around the pipe Before mounting motor on to it. On heat transfer Aluminum transfers heat better than steel, and molding a scoop to the head to Grab and funnel additional air across the fins.

May or may not work, completely depends on the geometry... from what I've seen / read they rarely work. Rubber will induce oscillations and make vibrations worse. Resonance frequency. Best bet is to balance the crank properly ($$). I have never seen proper automotive style motor mounts for these motorized bikes. Even with that, I've had many vehicles with good motor mounts that still translate a lot of that to the frame / body... all depends on geometry. My subaru is the best I've encountered personally with regards to engine to person vibrations.

My bike vibrates like a b**** but it's a cheapo walmart special frame so who knows.

Back