additional use for boost bottle

emdude

Local time
4:22 AM
So I installed one of those boost bottles on my 66 cc powered cranbrook. Not sure if it makes more power, partially because the bike sat for so long right after I installed it and I just don't remember.

But, after installing the bottle I of course had to turn the idle way down. Others have found this as well. It's due to a now very "resonant" intake condition, which may make more low end power but I think it's a small increase on these little engines.

Also: It just so happens that I relocated my ignition box under my engine for a cleaner look using a longer plug wire. The kill switch wires are of course now too short and I had not gotten around to lengthen them.

Turns out I can easily kill the engine simply simply by pinching off the boost bottle hose. Worx for me till I lengthen ithe kill switch wires...LOL.

I like the concept - redundancy options for the kill switch.
Now that gets my vote of approval - a man always needs more options than is available, and surely two kill switches is better than one.

Fabian

Maybe ok on a centrifugal clutch engine, but about useless on a manual clutch. If one NEEDS to stop the engine, nothing replaces a kill switch. If you are rolling down the road....GOOD luck using a boost bottle tube, the choke or kill engine by the brakes (clutch engaged). Word to the wise...have some sort of operational kill switch close to the hand at all times...no need to fumble around...if you do it's probably too late. Killing a engine at a standstill is another matter.

Back