Adelaide rat bike

Welcome aboard Phil. Adelaide's where the motored bike scene is at. I'm up near Byron Bay and have found this forum the best ever for finding things out.

Thanks again for the welcome guy's, yeah Adelaide's motored bike scene is getting huge.
I have seen 6 differant guys on the way to work, two I have spoken to and they both bought complete bikes from a guy in Seaton, he advertise's in the trading post, ready to go bikes with ZBOX engines, he has photo ads almost every week so I'm guessing he does alright out of it and theres more around than I've seen.
A couple of weeks ago a mate and I where sitting out the front of the Colonel Light having a few beers when this dude came flying down the road on a MB, was doing 60km easy, lol, sounded like it may have had a chamber on it, somone from here???
Simon_A the yamaha carb is the best thing I have done, it wasn't a performace mod as such but a "lets get it running right" mod, it's a "real" carb compared to what comes with the engine, cable choke, idle mixture adjustment, 5 needle settings etc. and pitmans carry gaskets, needle and seat etc. in stock.
Haven't done an acurate mileage test but does 80 - 90 Km from half a tank of juice and the smooth crisp runing of the engine when cruising has lowered the noise from the chain and primary gears. Definatly something that has helped this little motor last as long as it has.
Byron's a great place John, great country side to, been out to Mount Warning a couple of times, used to be camp ground out side of Murwillumbah called Macca's, run by the hippies, lol, don't know who the land belonged to but you could camp there for 2 bucks.

ciao Phil..

Well Phil the guy in Adelaide going supersonic might be Djase10 who, if I remember correctly, reported such speeds a while back. I can't believe the HT is capable of such speed but you've corroborated it. One day the bearings will fail and the piston will end up in Woomera! Anyway you Adelaide guys could be quite frightening if you all pulled up at the pub together. I've only managed to arrive at the Billinudgel Hotel with 4 motored bikes (all built by myself) and the real bikies were there on the Harleys. It was very funny cos we all ordered a botlle of Bundaberg Ginger beer each and then sat on verandah pretending we were tough guys. The locals loved it and the bikes were highly amused.

Wow - I did get to 41kph on my 4 stroke chopper but still running in - the bike likes 25kph best at the moment. Still all stok standard.

I'm in Salsbury south (mosquito Lakes - lol)
Cheers
Happy Zeds

Hi all
Yep can be done (at risk of engine failure with 44T),
so i would'nt do that again until i had a smaller rear sprocket,

a 66cc with a 36T rear sprocket is where I want to be>>

I'm content with 47K/mh with the 48cc im running at present, & it LOVES it

And waiting for parts to rebuild the 66cc AGAIN.

spookytooth charge $16 to post a BASIC 36T (have to drill holes yourself) sprocket to Adelaide,
So about $30 total-- Pretty good i reckon .

HAPPYZEDS-
Just take it easy mate (I KNOW ITS HARD), but your bike lets you know when its comfortable to go faster.
Regards Jase,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back